Chapter 32 - Area Unknown

After we had eaten the lunch the air hostess had brought us, both Sienna and I had a strong urge to just sleep and so we did.

I had pinned this on the fact that the previous night we had slept in a tree, not in the most comfortable position. Besides, it was not like there was any way we could escape. As Diego had said were thousands of feet above land and we couldn't exactly jump out of the plane.

When I finally woke up from my deep slumber I both found myself in a relatively empty room. There was a small bed, a dirty rug, the dirty couch that I lay upon and a door that was slightly ajar. I internally sighed as I got off the couch and walked over to Sienna who was still fast asleep.

I made my way to the door and gently pushed it open. It was a bathroom that had shampoo bottles and soap. There was also a stack of tampons on the counter. I knew that would have to be the doing of Diego.

I looked at my rugged face in the mirror. I didn't know what to do. I tried to think of ways to get out and escape but none would've worked. I searched every drawer and every cabinet to try find something, only they had been cautious.

To be completely honest, I was surprised that they put Sienna and I in the same room. I would have thought they would seperate us so that we couldn't find a way out. A way to escape. I trotted back to the room and saw that Sienna was up and looking rather confused.

"Ari!" She said happily as tears brimmed her eyes, "I thought they had separated us."

"Thank goodness that they didn't separate us. I just don't know how we got in here, like why didn't  we wake up."

Sienna sighed before she gasped, "I think they put drugs in the food."

"Sleeping pills."

"Or the stuff that knocks people out cold." Sienna hissed, before she placed a hand on her belly and rubbed it gently.

"I think whilst we were sleeping they must have continued to make us sniff it or something."

"Or the dosage in the food was high."

"This means that you ingested it..." I gasped.

"That doesn't sound too good from the way you are looking at me." Sienna said, uncertain.

I shook my head, it could not be true.

"Don't worry." I sighed, "We need a plan to get out of here."

Sienna nodded, "Yes. I'm just scared for my baby. All this stress... it can't be any good." She told me as she rubbed her belly and tears formed in her eyes.

I sat next to her on the bed and rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"We'll find a way out. Have faith and some hope. We must not give up on anything!" I told her, trying to be motivating.

"It's difficult for me, Ari. I am feeling this rollercoaster of emotions. I feel so out of place and like I have no control when it comes to reigning my feelings. I have no idea what to do, I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm starving all the time, craving weird things like dill pickles mixed with vanilla flavoured ice cream."

I made a face and gagged.

"I'm sorry but that is disgusting!" I huffed.

Sienna rolled her eyes, "I want so many others like nutella and fried eggs mixed together. That sounds so good!" She grinned as she rubbed her stomach.

I gagged and she rolled her eyes.

"Imagine how good it would taste!"

"Ah... no thanks!" I said.

"You can not say no to something you have never tried before." Sienna lectured.

"So... you are telling me that you have tasted pickles and ice cream and eggs with nutella before?" I said making a disgusted face.

"No!" Sienna laughed as she slapped my shoulder gently, "But imagine how good it would taste. Like all the textures mixing on your tongue... heaven!"

"I hate to break it to you... but that is so disgusting!" I said.

"No class." Sienna said and rolled her eyes.

"Class? What has me being classy got to do with my uhh... dietary choices!" I said a little nervous to offend her.

Sienna opened her to speak but the door to enter the room banged open and Diego walked in with a gun.

"I see you have upped your security measures." I said with a smirk.

"Just some precautions. One mistake and you die... agent." He said.

"Agent?"

"Background check. No need to lie Agent Dawson." He said, "Although, I must comment. The mood and vibe in here is a lot more cheery than I would have thought."

"Nothing wrong with being optimistic."

"Hmm, keep that optimism Agent. You'll need it when you realise you'll die here."

"Funny." I commented as I rolled my eyes and looked away. The sight of him disgusted.

I was refusing to look at him but changed my mind when I heard him gasp.

"What is that?" He yelled pointing towards Sienna and I jumped up to look at what had happened.

"Oh my... gosh!" I gasped as tears rushed to my eyes.

"What's happening!" Diego yelled as he stepped back from the bloody sheets beneath Sienna.

"She's miscarried." I whispered as Sienna opened her eyes and begun screaming in pain as she laid eyes on the sight in front of her.

"Call the doctor!" Diego yelled and looked at a panicked Sienna, "She's dying!" He hissed.

Sienna continued to wail as she touched the blood with her hands. Her tears were  pouring out in an uncontrollable manner. I gently walked towards her.

"Sienna-" I began.

"No! No!" She screamed, "My baby! Not my baby! No!" She wailed as she grabbed at the sheets of the bed.

I sat next to her and rubbed soothing circles on her back as she continued to scream. I looked at Diego who seemed traumatised at the scene that was unfolding in front of him, only I did not care.

My friend was the only thing on my mind. I needed to help her to get through this. When she calmed down I tried to speak to her.

"Would you like to shower?" I asked.

Sienna shook her head, "No! I'm not losing my baby."

I sighed and chose to allow her to relax and come to terms on her own. After all, it had only been an hour or two since she realised what happened.

I didn't know what it felt like, but I could see the pain in her eyes. I could see how awful she felt. When the doctors finally arrived, Sienna was absolutely unresponsive to anyone or anything.

"It's gone." She whispered.

Hey Reddies!

I hope you liked this chapter even though it was quite sad!

Let me know all of your thoughts in the comment section! If you did like this chapter, please consider leaving a vote :)

P.S. next update: 28 September (I would update earlier but I have some tests coming up )

Xoxo
Perla