Chapter 48 - And So He Returns

I was conflicted. For so long I wanted to get revenge on him and his other allies yet all he did was prove to me that he wasn't the bad guy. He wasn't the awful guy I had painted him to be in my mind. He had been loyal, helpful, and caring towards me in all his actions whilst I was focused on one thing. It had clouded my mind and had a huge influence on my decisions. Revenge. Reds Revenge he'd call it.

I looked at him and saw that his beautiful green eyes were shimmering as he waited for my response. He wasn't blushing, or relatively out of breath as I was.

"Arianna?" He asked softly.

"Yes." I whispered, "Yes, I will marry you."

Vinchenzo smiled in a way I had never seen before. He stood up and slid the diamond ring onto my finger, admired it for a few seconds, before his eyes met mine and he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you, too."

The moment was beautiful. I stared into his eyes, they were filled with an intense emotion. Love. When he pulled away, I saw my dad, Claire and Tristiaan standing in the corner cheering and clapping for us. A couple of seconds later, Trevor, Sienna and Dante joined the crowd.

"Congratulations!" They all chorused as they came forward and started hugging me and Vinchenzo.

"When did you even get here?" I laughed as I pulled Sienna into a hug.

"About thirty minutes ago. We saw the whole thing and the whole proposal speech was wholesome to say the least." She smiled.

"He only practiced it a billion times!" Dante exclaimed and I laughed.

"You rehearsed it?" I laughed, turning to Vinchenzo who started scratching the back of his head.

"I needed it to be perfect, just like you." He said and I grinned.

When everyone was done congratulating us, we all hiked down and decided to go back to my dad's house where Claire had prepared a huge dinner. Vinchenzo and I sat near the top of the table near my father who was preparing to say a small toast.

"Today I would like to raise a toast to one beautiful couple, who I believe will be able to go through all the ups and downs that life will throw at them. Just a warning kiddo's marriage isn't easy in the slightest." My dad said raising his champagne glass before he then gulped it all down.

When everyone was done drinking, we sat down and began to eat. Claire really had outdone herself for us. She had prepared steaks, roasted potatoes and vegetables. There was also some fried chips in the centre, I knew my dad must have mentioned my unconditional love for fries to her. We mostly ate in silence, whilst our friends shared a few remarks here and there.

Sienna seemed to be rather reserved but when I looked at her, she would force out a smile. I honestly would not have been upset if she had shown her true emotions. Losing someone you love, especially someone close, is difficult and I knew what it was like. It took me a long time to be able to overcome and accept my mother's death and then a couple of months later I had to go through my sister's one. I truly appreciated what she was doing, and I recognised how much she was sacrificing for me.

"So, when is the wedding?" Claire asked as she tapped her mouth gently with a napkin.

I looked at Vinchenzo who was already looking at me.

"I am not too sure, yet. I was hoping it would be around August."

"Closer to the winter." Claire said nodding her head.

"Yeah, that way the weather won't be too bad."

"I agree with you on hundred percent." She said and I smiled.