Adding a Third

I awoke in the morning, in great spirits. My headache was minimal, and I was feeling pretty energized. What I really wanted was a shower and some clean clothes.

"I'm so gross.", I thought to myself. " My clothes are ripped, and there's still blood crusted in my hair. I can't believe, Steve and Clint hung out with me as long as they did. I guess banging your head and falling in an alley will make a girl feel yucky."

As I swung my legs over the side of the bed, I glanced over at the chair, and started. Someone had placed some clothes that were just my style. Cute and comfy. There was a cute olive green teeshirt that said "Spread Hummus Not Hate", the softest pair of black yoga pants I'd ever felt, fuzzy socks, and even a hoodie that read VEGAN AF. I giggled "Someone gets my sense of humor." I smiled to myself. I went into the attached bathroom, and found all of my favorite hair and skin products waiting for me. "Someone researched me, and got all of my favorite stuff." I thought. "That's a little creepy and intrusive, but awfully sweet." I didn't think it was Clint or Steve, neither one of them seemed the type to use anything but a guy's three-in-one wash. "Was it one of my other 2 soulmates?" I could feel my heartrate increasing, as I thought about the possibilities. I was going to meet my other two soulmates today! I felt so hopeful, maybe we'd all be the family I had been missing for the last several years. I jumped into the shower, taking care to use all of the products I'd been left. If one of my soulmates had taken the time to figure out what I liked, I was going to use it. After my shower, still wrapped in my towel, I found my bag, and swiped on a little mascara, and some lip gloss. "Clint and Steve may have been ok seeing me a hot mess yesterday, but no way am I letting them think I'm some kind of unkept slob." I dressed quickly, and peeked in the mirror and thought "Not bad Hannah, not bad at all."

Set for the day I decided to get some answers. I was never one to hang around and wait. Time to find out who my other two soulmates were, and how this was going to work.

I peeked around the corner, and seeing no one, I stepped into the hallway. Almost immediately, my wrist began to tingle. I knew my soulmate was nearby. Still peering down the hallway, I jumped when I heard a sexy voice from behind me say, "Well you may just be the cutest thing I've ever seen."

I whirled around, and the soul mark on my wrist immediately began to burn. There before me stood a smirking Tony Stark, also holding his wrist. I could feel my jaw drop. What the hell had I done in a previous life to deserve, the world's sexiest archer, Captain Freaking America, and IRON MAN?!

"Hhhi." I stammered shyly. "I'm Hannah."

The smirk on Tony's face changed into a full on smile, as he closed the short distance between us, and engulfed me into a full hug. I snuggled in for a moment. He smelled incredible. He let me go and chuckled.

"Oh princess. You're so innocent. I'm going to have such fun corrupting you." "You look adorable in the clothes. FRIDAY had your size down perfect. Feeling ok? I really wanted to meet you yesterday, but Bruce said absolutely not, and no one argues with Big Green if you know what I mean."

My head was spinning from all that, but I unleashed some verbal diarrhea of my own. "The clothes are from you? They're amazing thank you! I don't know how you knew what I'd like, but I love them. I'm so happy to meet you. I can't believe I'm here. Who's FRIDAY."

Before Tony could respond, Steve came around the corner. I didn't know him very well yet, but I could read the "pissed off alpha male" expression on his face as plain as day. Tony for his part stood his ground. He let go of me, leaned back against the wall, crossed his arms, and put a bored look on his face.

"S'up Capsicle?" he drawled. "Didn't get your full 10 miles in before dawn? Couldn't do the thousand pushups you usually do?"

Steve lightly touched my shoulder as he stalked over. "Good morning beautiful" his eyes softened as he looked at me. "Feeling better?"

"Good as new." I said leaning towards his touch.

"Glad to hear it. I need my best girl at full strength." He gave my shoulder a squeeze and, turned back to Tony and his expression turning stormy.  Tony stepped off the wall, the bored expression melting away, and being replaced with anger. The two men were basically nose to nose when Steve began,  "Stark, I thought we agreed last night for you to wait....." He didn't get to finish.

Tony held up his hand with the command of someone used to being heard. "We didn't agree to anything Cap. You told....."

Steve interrupted "Just a minute."

I quietly put myself in between the two men and put a hand on each of their chests. "Hey guys. I think it's time to chill out. Ok? I just got over the nasty headache from yesterday, I really don't want to get another one listening to the two of you argue. I'm sure whatever it is, can wait."

They stopped immediately, both postures deflating a little bit. "Sorry." they both said. "You okay?"

"No worries." I said, linking an arm through each of theirs and turning them away from each other. "Now what does a girl have to do to get some breakfast around here? I'm starving!"

With that, I allowed them to lead me down the hall towards the elevator.