Together At Last

The elevator dinged at what Tony called "The Family Floor." When I looked at him questioningly, he just smiled. We arrived and FRIDAY, who I learned was Tony's AI and basically ran the building let us in. Tony changed her protocols so I would always be allowed in. He opened the door and my jaw dropped.

"This is amazing!" I cried. Inside was a kitchen big enough to fit my entire apartment. "I want to live in this kitchen!" I said. "I love to cook. You're all going to get so fat If I start cooking in this kitchen."

Tony and Steve laughed. "I don't get fat." Steve said. "The serum helps to keep me in top form. I don't even know how much I'd have to eat to get fat. Tony on the other hand...." He drifted off teasingly.

"Hey!" Tony protested. "I'm not fat, and if she cooks a ton, there's plenty of ways to burn it off." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me.

I blushed to the roots of my hair. I was a virgin, and I knew they probably weren't. That was going to be a conversation I definitely didn't want to have, but I knew it was necessary. Not only was I unusual because I had multiple soulmarks, I was also had the rare condition that made physical intimacy impossible for me unless it was with one of my soulmates. The few times I had tried, I became violently ill when things moved beyond kissing. It was rare, but it did happen to some people.

Luckily I was saved from any further embarrassment by someone falling out of the overhead vent. Clint landed in a heap on the still floor munching a donut. Everyone just shook their head, but I said "Does this happen often?"

"Yup," Tony replied. "Birdbrain is usually keeping an eye on us from a distance."

I snorted laughed at the "Birdbrain."

"Hey Sweetheart." Clint said jumping up and giving me a peck on the cheek. "How ya feeling this morning."

I smiled. He smelled like powdered donut. "I'm feeling great Birdbrain." I teased.

He laughed, and kissed me again, and we all sat at the table. I looked over at the counter, and my eyes popped when I saw the multiple trays of food. I saw fruit, bagels, pancakes, hashbrowns, eggs, and more.

"We wasn't sure what you liked" Tony said. "Other than you're a vegan, so we just got some of everything. So dig in."

We all dug in. I grabbed a bagel, surprised to see some amazing looking vegan cream cheese, and some fruit. (Bagels and cream cheese are like crack to me.) Everyone seemed hungry, and we all ate in a comfortable quiet, but my mind wouldn't settle. I spoke up. "So how is this going to work exactly?"

Steve responded. "That's definitely going to be a discussion doll, but I think we'd like to wait until we're all here."

The others nodded their agreement. "Well where are they?" I asked. "On a mission? In another state? Do you not know who they are?"

"Oh we know." Steve said. "He was on a mission, but got back late last night. We told him about you, and he's excited to meet you. He has to debrief before he can come up, but he should be here soon. In the meantime, let's finish eating, and maybe you can check out the floor."

We finished eating, and the boys showed me around the area. We had come into the kitchen, which was connected to a gigantic living room. It had the largest sectional I'd ever seen facing a ginormous entertainment system and huge tv.

"I can't wait to sink into that couch." I moaned. "It looks so comfy."

"Oh it is sweetheart." Clint assured me. "It's an amazing napping couch. I can't wait to curl up on it and nap wrapped around you."

I blushed again. At this point I was pretty sure I was going to end up with a nickname like tomato or strawberry.

"All right, All right." Steve said. "Moving on."

At that moment my final soulmark started to tingle, just as the door began to open. I turned at the sound, and found myself staring into the most beautiful cerulean colored eyes I'd ever seen. My soulmark began to burn, but instead of hissing at the pain I smiled. The warmth spread through my whole body, and for the first time in years, I felt complete. The stranger smiled back, but it was more reserved than I had seen on my other three soulmates. In a second, I took the initiative, walked over to the stranger, and wrapped my arms around them.

"I'm Hannah." I whispered into his chest.

He stiffened for a fraction then pulled me in close. "I'm Bucky."

The room felt warm and I felt safe surrounded by all my soulmates. We were complete.