Aiden x Rory

A/N: Aiden is nonbinary and uses they/them, and Rory uses she/her pronouns. Happy reading!

Aidens' POV: 

It was a school day, around lunchtime. My friends were laughing and joking around, being hilarious, as per usual. I went to grab my lunch from the table, but someone pushed my arm before I could reach it. Someones water bottle had spilt all over my clothes. I jumped up, almost knocking over the entire table, trying to regain balance. I stared at the wet area on my sweater, as it got quiet. 

"It's just water, I'll be fine." I said, smiling. One of my friends had already started cleaning up the spill. I looked at them thankfully and went to the school bathroom to try and dry as much as I could before class started again.

I opened the door and grabbed paper towels and started dabbing my shirt. I stopped for a second and listened. There's someone else in here, and they're crying. I tossed the towels in the trash can and walked to the only locked stall there was and knocked on it. "Hello?" I said carefully. "What's wrong, can I come in?" I waited for a moment, as they unlocked the stall. I pushed the door open. It was Rory, the girl in my year that I'd been crushing on since who knows how long. I walked inside and handed her a tissue; it always broke my heart to see her sad.

Rory's POV: 

They handed me a tissue, and I cried even more. God, why am I like this? It's not that big of a deal, they're just being nice. "What happened, do you want to talk about it?" Aiden asked. They'd been my crush since 6th grade, but I had never built up the courage to ask them out.

"Oh, it's just- well, basically my little brother, he might have to be put in foster care if I don't get a place to live and am financially stable enough for the both of us. My parents, they-" I stopped, feeling the tears well up in my eyes again.

"Oh Rory," they said, hugging me tightly. I broke down on their shoulder, and they rubbed my back, comforting me. "He's not going to foster care, I promise. We'll figure something out; it's all going to be okay." "How? My life is falling apart, I can't lose him, he's all I have left." I sobbed.  

"Listen to me Rory, he's not going anywhere. You two can live with me for all that matters, we're going to figure it out."  They said, looking me in the eyes. "You're lying, why would you even do that for me? You barely know me." 

Aidens' POV: 

"Rory Rose Everton, I know it may not look like it, but I love you, I truly do. I want to take you out, I want to watch the sunset with you, and only you. I have liked you since God knows when, and I'll do anything for you."

The world went silent again, and I looked at her. She looked at me, then my lips. Her eyes met mine again, and she exhaled. "I love you too, Aiden."

I leaned in, and our lips intertwined. I cupped her gorgeous face, pulling her closer than she already was. 

Rory's POV: 

The storm in my head had disappeared. For once, everything felt okay. I ran my hands through their hair, and I felt my knees weaken as they cupped my face.

"Should we get out of here?" They said, leaning their forehead against mine, not breaking eye contact. "Yeah, let's go. I'll just go with you; I don't have anywhere else to be, plus I don't want to leave you alone." I spoke. I grabbed their hand and held it tightly, as we walked out of the bathroom. 

A/N:  I hope you all have a lovely day/night, have you had anything to drink yet? If not, go drink a sip of water. Don't forget to vote and comment!