Kiara & Sarah

Sarah's POV:

"Okay everybody, the Green team won so the Blue team gets to clean up the equipment. Kiara, please grab the cones and then you too can go change." Miss Windfield says, our gym teacher. My team cheers and hurries to the changing rooms. Suddenly my best friend, Naomi, squeals at something on her phone.

"What is it?" I question. "The Valentines commission is handing out roses to people." She states. I look at her, confused. Why is this relevant? We both don't have a partner. I shove my gym shoes in my locker.

"You should sign one to Kiara!" She says excitedly, trying to keep her voice down. I shake my head, there is no way I'm doing that.

-

"See? That wasn't that hard!" Naomi pats me on the back. I give her a glare. She'd been bugging me about it all day and I did it just to shut her up. Kiara had been my crush for quite a while now and I've always been way too scared to make a move. She just radiates positive energy and always makes the people around her laugh.

"Thanks to you, I have to wait a whole week before I can figure out if she likes it or not!" I grab my bag, and walk with her to our next class. "I think you mean if she likes you or not." She giggles and I push her to the side. She accidentally bumps into someone.

"Watch out where you're going!" He scoffs. We look at each other, and burst out in laughter.

-

Unlike expected, this week flew by. Our teacher gave us so many assignments that I honestly forgot that I even sent Kiara a rose. I was way too busy working on my arguments for debate team and exam season is coming up soon again. The day has come, and it's Valentines Day. I exhale sharply before I walk into class, the nerves settling in. It's almost the end of the school day, and the roses still haven't been handed out.

"Okay, take a seat please. We only have a week before the event." Mr. Johnson says. We call him Michael. The event is basically a group gathering of a bunch of schools who are debating to go on national tv to debate even more, but on a higher level.

"So, we still need to prepa-"

There's a knock on the door.

My heart sinks to the floor. Further. My face burns. I am so self conscious.

"Is this class yours?" The guy who knocked asks our teacher. Michael nods. I want to fall through the floor. He enters the classroom, holding a rose.

"I have a rose for... Kiara." Shit shit shitshitshit-

"What?"

"Who would do that?"

"Was is you?"

"What does it say?"

"Why didn't I get one?"

So many voices murmuring. I stare straight ahead, at our teacher, maybe people wont notice that way. I fidget with my sleeve, and immediately stop. Everything I do is giving me away.

"The card says:

"To Kiara:

I really like you. I don't know if you feel the same, I just thought you should know. Happy Valentines.

From: Secret Admirer <3" I have no clue who this is." She looks confused at the card attached to the rose. The chattering continues, as some others got roses too.

-

After the rose fiasco died down, Michael made pairs. Me and Kiara would go first. I go through my notes one last time and get ready. I love debating, and I start on the right track.

"You've probably heard in the news about the shortages on teachers, especially English and Math teachers.." I feel content as I finish my argument. Maybe this scenario isn't as bad as I make it to be.

"If you do as you say, how will you know if the children are getting an education? I myself would never want to be taught..." She responds quickly, she definitely knows what she's talking about. I didn't prepare for this.  "I assume you would feel the same way if that happened to you, wouldn't you?"

Suddenly, time stops. I already feel my face burning up as I realise what she said and what she's referring to. This is not about the debate. Suddenly I am extremely aware of how close we are to each other. I can smell her perfume. She smells like daisies and lemons.

"I.." I swallow my now too dry mouth. I mumble a lame excuse and run off, grabbing my bag in the meanwhile. This entire week has just been so stressful, I blacked out and didn't know what to do.

-

She hates me, I'm sure of it. I keep seeing her glance at me, and I see her everywhere I go.

It's the end of the week, and we have gym again. This time we're both on the same team. Normally I would be over the moon, now I'm on edge. I am very aware that we are the last people in the changing room.

"It was you, wasn't it?" She questions.

"Who the hell have you been talking too?" I try shoving my damn shoes in my over stuffed locker, and groan.

"No, wait-"

"Just-" I slam my locker shut and it finally locks.

"Sarah." I melt at the sound and sight of my name leaving her lips. I shouldn't. For all I know she's into guys. "Why aren't you at debate anymore?"

But this time, something in me snaps.

"Because I like you, and you don't like me back?" There, finally. I said it.

It's silent. Why isn't she talking?

She exhales a sharp breath before speaking. "But I do."

Her eyes linger on my lips, and suddenly she smashes her lips on mine. She presses me against my locker, and I run my hands through her hair, God she smells even better than usual. She tastes like summer, hot and warm and honey and her finger hooks through the loop of my jeans and she's closer than ever and I never want this moment to end.

She breaks the kiss. "Why did you-"

"Girls?" Our gym teacher walks in. "I want to go home, please hurry."

"Of course miss." We say in unison. I turn to grab my bag, but she's holding both of our bags. We walk out of the changing rooms, and as soon as we are out of sight, we burst out laughing.

"You're so red."

"Don't tease me."

"It's cute." She kisses my cheek, and I hide my face in her neck. I am so drowsy, and ready to go home.

"Do you want to come over to my house?" I ask.

A/N This may or may not have been a bit inspired by past events... Anyways. Happy late Valentines Day! I love all of you, and I just want to thank you guys for the support I get on this collection of my little silly scenarios. Don't forget to comment, and leave a vote if you enjoyed this story! Let me know if there are any requests, I have a break coming up really soon from school. Part two?

Question: Would you rather be single or in a relationship? I personally enjoy being single, because I feel I need to be fully content with myself before I embrace others in the way I want to.--->

Another question: Do you prefer long chapters or short chapters? --->