as long as we love

today is probably the best day of eddy's life.

right now, brett's holding both of eddy's hands in his, thumbs gently stroking his palms, leaning in to touch a tiny kiss to his cheek—and eddy's face feels so freaking warm. he buries his face in the crook between brett's neck and shoulder, miserably failing to suppress his smile against brett's skin.

this whole evening's gone by in a scramble of confessions: i love you's and i'm ready to do this with you's and first kisses. at long last, really.

hell, he doesn't even know why it's moving him like this: it's just holding hands and soft kisses and the promise of a soft epilogue. but then again, that's exactly why he's like this: it's holding hands and soft kisses and the promise of a soft epilogue.

today is probably the best day of eddy's life, but right now he's a nervous but overjoyed blushing mess.

"hey," brett says quietly, with so much gentle fondness in his voice. "look at me, eddy."

he remembers all the late-night conversations it took to get here, what this whole thing would do, what it means for them—but in the end, brett trusts eddy, and eddy trusts brett. they're in this together, like they've been in everything else together their whole lives. that's all that matters, really.

do you trust us? you're ready for us to love eachother this way? brett had asked, to which eddy had responded, loving you is what i've been doing since day one, brett.

and right now and then eddy's face is being cradled gently between brett's palms and brett's lips are pressed against his smile, stifling his small laugh and brett yang is going to be the death of him.

"you're happy," brett says softly as he pulls away, and god, he loves him, he loves him, he loves him. then he shakes his head. "if this was a game of you laugh you lose, you'd be buying me a bubble tea right about now."

"but you love me, idiot."

"yeah, i love you—idiot."