a kind of slow dance in my imagination

brett's heart is so warm with so much happiness, and he himself can't tell if it's simply his love for eddy or if he's about to double over in laughter.

the sun's warmth breathes where they touch and the moon glows everywhere else. it was eddy's idea, really: hands intertwined, brett's free hand on eddy's shoulder, eddy's free hand warm on brett's back and drawing him closer still—it's so carefree.

eddy's composition plays through brett's phone speaker throughout, as they slow-dance in the kitchen, a kind of waltz that's not exactly a waltz, trying to keep in time with the violin and piano.

they're tripping over their own feet and stepping everywhere they're not meant to, and later they're probably going to pester eachother about how sappy this whole thing is—but hell, brett's enjoying this so much, and hearing eddy's laughter makes this whole thing worth it.

usually, it's eddy who takes the reins with the idea of love: unafraid for love being visible in his eyes and smile and laugh, for compositions flowering with comfort and intimacy and homeliness. like the moon shining against the night in all its silver glory.

brett looks at love like a subtle, soft thing: it's there if you look close enough, in patience and softened eyes and joyful laughter. a delicate thing between the two of them only. to others' eyes, he looks at eddy like he's the sun: despite its brilliance, your eyes would burn if you looked for too long.

when he's alone with eddy, however, it's different.

he's never trusted anyone, loved anyone, the way he trusts and loves eddy. he's just—so soft for this man in his arms.

because with eddy, he doesn't have to hide anymore: he loves everything about him, his smile and his personality and his heart. he loves eddy—he loves.

eddy wraps his arms around brett's waist, attempting to lift him up but goes staggering backwards instead, and brett laughs. because when a grown man attempts to lift another grown man, you're both going to end up on the floor.

"i think this is the cheesiest thing we've ever done."

"i'm sure there's been worse." brett's finger strays to the tiny rose on eddy's pendant. he laughs. "to hell with it, but i kinda love it when you're like this. actually."

eddy's lips are on his in a heartbeat, and brett's heart is so warm with so much happiness, and oh, it's definitely his love for eddy.