ten | christmas time

-TEN-

Hermione shook Khalida awake yet again, earning a snarl in reply. "Honestly, with your violent nature, it's a wonder how the boys haven't figured out your ability!" Scoffed Hermione, as she dragged a bedraggled Khalida with her to the girl's washrooms with her to bathe and change. 

"Ey, Minnie, I don't think those girls on the other end of the corridor could hear you why don't I lend you Flich's bewitched megaphone?!" Khalida frowned. "Keep it down! I don't want anyone to know!" 

"Don't want anyone to know what?" Draco appeared out of nowhere. Crabbe and Goyle were next to him, as usual. 

Hermione froze, unable to think of a lie, but Khalida was quick, "Anyone to know about the postal order you owe me. You think I'm going to share?" 

Draco frowned, not convinced, but looking at Khalida's determined face, he didn't push it further. 

"And that's how you do it." Khalida chuckled, dusting her hands. 

Both girls then went to the bathrooms, getting ready to leave for home that day. 

--Time Skip--

"Queen to E5." Said Ron, as the two girls entered the great hall. Ron's queen moved forward and completely demolished Harry's knight.

"I knew I hated wizard's chess, but I never knew why. Now I do." Khalida sighed.

"And that's totally barbaric!" Hermione gasped.

"That's wizard's chess." Grinned Ron. He looked at both girls and noted, "I see you've packed."

"See you haven't." Scoffed Hermione. 

"Change of plans, my parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there." Ron replied, sitting more comfortably.

" Good, you can help Harry, then. He's going to go and look in the library for information on Nicholas Flamel." She replied. 

"We've looked a hundred times." Groaned Ron. 

Hermione leaned forward and smirked, "Not in the restricted section." She stood up straight and grinned, "Happy Christmas!" 

"Have a fabulous Christmas, boys! Don't miss us too much." Khalida winked and walked off, Lilith perched on her shoulder. The cat turned around, pointed ears up in the air and tail swishing as it judged them soundly. 

--Time Skip--

The train ride was quiet. The only sound being that of Khalida and Hermione's books as they turned the pages. The Animagus was lying down, her head on Hermione's lap as the muggleborn played with her hair every now and then. Lilith the kneazle lay peacefully asleep on the other seat, her soft purrs also audible through the dull chugging of the wheels. 

Khalida decided to break the silence. She didn't move her eyes from her book as she said, "You know, it's absolutely gorgeous around this time of the year at my house." 

"Is it, now?" Hermione asked, smiling as she continued to read. 

"Yep. We usually celebrate it with just the two of us. You're more than welcome to join, you know." Khalida grinned. She unpocketed her wand as she spun it between her fingers deftly. 

"By the way, I've never asked, which wand do you own?" Hermione asked. 

"12 and a half inches, Rowan wood, with a dual core of phoenix feather and dragon heartstring." Khalida proudly replied. "It looks a little simple, I know, but it is quite efficient!" Her wand had a very interesting grip of a spiral carved around the base. "You?"