Chapter 4: The Song

We finally made it into the cafeteria. We saw Lehava sitting at a small square table, alone. Her blonde hair was in waves that went down a little past her shoulder. She had on a light pink, see through blouse with a tan undershirt, a pair of blue jeans, green and pink flower shoes, and a small heart necklace which looked antique. She made her brown eyes stand out by the purple eyeshadow she wore, her lips looked full by the pink lipstick and clear lip-gloss she had on. Though she wasn't flawless, she was close to it.

"Don't tell her anything." He said

"Remember, she can tell when something is wrong, except when it is right in front of her." He looked to the ground. I knew he was talking about himself

"Hey!" She said as we entered the table. She stood up, through her arms around River and kissed him. When she looked into his eyes, she looked so happy, peaceful, joyful! But when he looked into her eyes, there was nothing. He just looked at her, he was smiling, but he didn't truly look happy.

"So what should we do first?" She asked as she released. We stood there, no one said a word.

"Is something wrong?" she asked with suspicion on her face. I decided I could make a quick save.

"I don't really know what stores there are in this mall. I don't usually come here." I eyed River quickly, he approved of my fast improvIsation.

"Oh, well, I think we should start at H&M, they're having a major sale today! And I need a new pair of shoes." She didn't seem to recognize my lie. Maybe she wasn't that good.

"She's better at it, trust me I know." How did he know what I was thinking? Anyway, I decided to take his word on it. We walked around about half of the mall before we made it to the H&M store. By then my feet were already hurting. I didn't like walking that much at one time. She ran into the store, I could tell she was excited. She pulled me in behind her, more like dragged me behind her.

"I'm buying you a new wardrobe!" She exclaimed.

"What?" That was all I could say.

"Yeah, this will be so much fun! I think you might need a little help, no offense." I followed her eyes down to my outfit, it was casual. I like casual. This seemed like what all the girls do in any book about teen's that have rich parents. They go and buy someone a wardrobe. I had read this same type of story a million times, they spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on clothes. Should I be courteous and say I'm good, or should I agree. I knew either way, I was getting clothes.

"Um? well, I mean, sure?" I said it as more of a question than an answer.

"Yeah!" she squealed. She pulled me to a rack of shirts. I looked at River, he smiled and laughed. He was not on my good side right now. Lehava pulled out twenty shirts, fourteen pants, and a trillion pairs of shoes. She pushed me into the dressing room.

"We'll go little by little, so start with that." Her smile was to her ears. She loved dressing people up, I could tell. This was little by little? I entered an empty stall and began to undress. I put on the best combination of clothes I could then I stepped out. Lehava's face lit up like a lightbulb.

"You are so getting that!" She nearly snagged it. Rivers' face was facing the ground, but his eyes were looking towards me. I saw desire in them, but I knew I was just kidding myself.

"Try on another outfit!" She pushed me into my dressing room. I tried on another pair of pants, but they were too small.

"Too small" I yelled to her as I threw them over the stall to her.

"No big I'll get you the next size up." I slid on a pair of black pants, a red shirt with black geometric shapes all over it, and a pair of black pointe shoes. I stepped out just as Lehava came back.