Chapter 8- There Ain't No Fangs

------Maie------

I began researching vampires, but only "Regular Vampires" as I like to say, showed up. Blood suckers that could only be killed with fire of a wooden stake to the heart. Half the stuff in this Wiki crap is completely wrong. I was actually tempted to change it. To tell the truth. But the truth scared me. 'No! No fear! It is a weakness.' I thought to myself hoping to get fear out of me.

'Fear will lead to death and your opponent will win! You will die with weaknesses such as that.' I closed the computer giving the computer and internet the win. I decided the computer doesn't count. I let out a huff of defeat. I rubbed my face into my hands and leaned my elbows on my knees. I felt fire begin to rise into my throat as my throat began to close. I ignored it. My throat burned, but I had no stomach at this moment. I heard my breath begin to grow shorter and shorter. Finally I was panting like a dog that was thirsty and tired. I still did not feed. I knew I would have to go out and find a human this time. I don't think I was ready for that yet. I don't think I was ready to face River yet.

'No fear' I heard a voice say. I jumped off the chair and was in the middle of the room within seconds. My head grew dizzy from how fast I went. But I quickly snapped out of it.

"Who's there? Show yourself! Who are you! Let me see, are you too cowardly? Ha, you say no fear, yet you hide in the shadows! Let me see you!" I grabbed a pair of scissors and held them in my hand as I circled the room. I pulled the curtains back. I tipped the bed in rage. I felt my eyes turn red from the small pain of the blood reaching the vein in my eyes. I began to feverishly search everywhere. Nothing. River must have heard my commotion upstairs because he came in right as I was screaming at the nothing that surrounded us.

"Coward! Show yourself! Who are you? Come out! Let me see your face." I screamed at the ceiling. River swooped the scissors that were in my hand which cut me. I flinched and grabbed where he had cut me.

"What was that for you-you jerk!" I stumbled out as I held my hand and tried not to curse. I released my hand to find my cut had stopped bleeding.

"It's not held yet. A small cut like that should heal in a matter of seconds. You need to feed. Come on." He grabbed the hand covered in blood and pulled me out the door. He didn't bother to tell Asher where we were going, or me even for that matter, where we're going. He just pulled me. I had a feeling he was sending thoughts to Asher instead.

"Let go of me!" I pulled my hand free, but River grabbed my arm and stopped. He pulled my arm to his chest and let his face travel to where mine was. He was only a few centimeters from my face. His eyes were red with anger. I swallowed my fear quickly and let anger storm through me. He was strong but somehow I knew I was stronger. I grabbed his arms and pulled him off of me with force. He let out a grunt of pain as I let my fingers dig into his skin. I pushed him off of me. His body slammed into a nearby tree. The tree split into two from the impact. I heard River's back smash into the tree. I heard his heartbeat grow faster as he preps for the hit. I saw his eyes turn red instantly. He got up from the tree, he let his body tense as he walked towards me. His shoulders arched and prepared to attack. His walk was husky and slow. His back was bleeding from the slashes made by the tree's bark. But they quickly healed. I slowly backed away from him. My face was intense with anger. I don't know why, but I was angry about something. River walked towards me again and I kept backing away. His face was stiff and unable to pass. His frown was deep and sharp on his handsome face. But his face wasn't very handsome the way it wrinkled with anger. Every line on his face was filled with hatred. I finally backed into a tree. I began to swiftly move away from it, but River ran fast to me and pressed my shoulders to the tree. He began to squeeze my shoulders hard. And if I was human, they would have probably been broken. I saw River's face fill with fear as he squeezed harder and harder and I didn't flinch in pain. He didn't intimidate me anymore. It didn't hurt like he thought it would. I was stronger, more powerful than him. I didn't have weaknesses like him, so I could win. I pulled my legs up and kicked him in the gut. He flew back, but he gracefully landed on the ground. As I dropped to the ground, I bent my legs into a jumping position and kicked up into the air. I flew a good ten feet in the air. My legs separated into the splits in the air. River tried to run from the hit that was about to happen, but he wasn't as fast as me. My left leg hit his jawbone hard and he fell to the floor. River slowly stood up. Blood was flowing from his lip; But it quickly closed up. What am I doing? What is happening to me? River began to walk up to me. And all I did was stand there, unmoving. River finally made it to me. But before he had any chance to try to hurt me, I fell to the floor. I felt dizzy, my head began to hurt and my legs could not hold my weight. All I could do was lie on the ground. River slowly bent down to the ground and squatted next to me. His cut was healed along with all the other injuries I had given him, and his eyes were hazel again.