Chapter 10- Telling The Truth

I walked into the first period and all the eyes shifted to me. But the response I loved the most was Macey's. Her eyes widened in anger and fear and her mouth dropped straight to the floor. I let a small smile creep on my face as I walked by. I took my spot and instantly started to scribble in my journal. That's when Aron Bette turned around to talk to me.

"New look?"

"Yeah, what's it to ya?"

"Nothing, just making conversation, hey did you lose weight?"

"And since when do you ever try to start a conversation with me? And yes, I have."

"Ever since I knew how good black looks on you."

"You should turn around now before I hit you in the face."

"Oh, feisty, you know I" But I quickly budded in.

"I really don't care. Now turn around." I spun my fingers in a circle motioning him to turn around, he did. I let out a breath of relief. Then more conversations came with River and Asher.

"What happened to you?" River asked, gesturing to my whole body.

"Yeah, what's with the black?" Asher asked, pulling his arms back to scratch his head.

"What, you guys don't like it? I thought I looked pretty cool." I gave them a devilish smile which seemed to make them uneasy.

"Maie, seriously, what's going on?"

"The new me, that's what's going on. I am sick and tired of people trampling me. I am done being laughed at. I want to be taken seriously now, and I will be!" My voice had an edge as I spoke violently at them. I saw their eye's fill with fear. The exact response I was hoping for. I stood up to look them in the eyes. Their bodies stiffened as I got closer to them.

"If some idiot is going to mess with me and the people I love, I'm fighting back, no questions asked. So, let's hope it wasn't either of you." I let a devilish smile appear on my face then I sat back down, crossed my legs, and rested my feet on the desk. I began to play with my black and red nails I had painted that morning. River and Asher sat down a few seats behind me. River's leg began to shake, telling me he was nervous. I could hear every time his foot hit the ground, the sound of his muscles moving, everything. I looked behind me to see River and Asher eyeing each other. I knew they were having a conversation through thought. I turned around to find Macey standing right in front of me, she was dangerously close to my face. I could see the rage in her eyes as her lips pressed together hard. I felt fear creep up my throat, but I quickly swallowed it not wanting to show my fear of her.

"May I ask why you're up in my face?" I was smiling but the words came out through clenched teeth.

"Because we need to talk." She said smiling like a snake and eyeing everyone in the room.

"No thanks, I prefer not to talk with oafs like you, sorry." I tilted my head sideways and gave her a smart smile. Macey just narrowed her eyes and pressed her lips together tighter.

"Though you dress like you're so cool, you're not. Inside, you're still that insecure little girl you were last week. I can see the fear in your eye's, and it's never going away." She raised her head in a challenge.

'Challenge accepted' I thought to myself.

"Well, I see the anger in your eye's, and I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for you because your life is always filled with anger. Don't you get tired of being angry? Don't you get tired of being more insecure than I used to be. Maybe someday you will actually get a life to remove the anger that is quickly building up in you. One day, you'll explode, and no one will be there to pick up the pieces." Then, the bell rang. Macey's eyes were more hateful than ever. She pushed herself off my desk and made her way to Her's, never once taking her eyes off me. All I could do was given a winning smile as fear began to rise up again. She was going to come after now, and I knew it. I felt River's and Asher's gaze on my back. I turned around and their eye's fell on the textbook in front of them. I made my way to the third period and then lunch. I sat at my regular table. I hadn't seen Lehava today, so I had a feeling she was sick. River and Asher sat at their regular table. The second Asher sat down, Macey jumped on top of him and began to suck his lips off. I turned away in disgust of the sight. I looked down at my food and realized that I had lost my appetite. I pushed the tray of pizza away from me and guzzled a water bottle. My throat was a little hot, but I knew I could last until school was done. I grabbed my iPod, which I lived on, and turned on my music. The first song that came on was You Found Me. It was the last song I listened to before I became a vampire. I decided to listen to it.