The Threat

"I will learn Korean, just for you..."
(Argus-DOTS)

.
.

Seoul.

Since getting to know a Vincenzo Cassano, Hong Cha Young's life gradually begins to change, especially after she becomes his lover and decides to stay afloat after knowing his identity. In addition to the luxury she received, she also had to get used to the two Caucasian men who would follow her for the next few days, or maybe forever.

Luca and Daniel will live in a flat unit right next to Cha Young's. Vincenzo had transferred some money to Daniel to take care of everything, like renting an apartment and buying a car. Daniel has also installed additional CCTV above Cha Young's door. Cha Young initially objected because she felt like she was being watched, but they argued this was for security reasons.

But what Cha Young doesn't know is that Daniel has also installed several bugs in the house. He, who had worked in Silicon Valley, managed to break into Cha Young's door lock password, then hid the bug behind the table in the living room and in the lamp of Cha Young's room when Miri was not at home. Everything he did was on Vincenzo's orders.

Seo Miri was quite surprised to see her cousin coming home with two handsome and charming Caucasian men. She's even more dumbfounded when Cha Young introduces them as her bodyguards.

"Who are you to have to be escorted? The president's child?"

"It's too long and complicated for me to tell. The point is, my boyfriend is a businessman in Italy and he's overprotective enough to send two his men -- I mean his employees, to escort me."

Miri was silent for a moment before guessing, "don't tell me your boyfriend is a mafia."

Cha Young was taken aback, didn't expect her sister to guess right, while Luca and Daniel glanced at each other. They didn't understand the two women's conversation in Korean, but could understand one word, 'mafia'.

"Lalalalalalalalala..." Miri suddenly hummed the soundtrack of the Godfather legend.

"Ha-ha-ha..." Cha Young laughed awkwardly, "do you think all Italian businessmen are mafia?"

"Ehey... not only Italy, all business people in the world are the same as the mafia, they are cunning, do dirty politics, bribery, monopolies... Haaahhh..." Miri took a deep breath, "That's why Morning Glory managed to get an investment after its CEO distributed 'energy drinks' to investors, and I was kicked out of the Sandbox..."

"Aigoo..." Cha Young patted his sister's shoulder sympathetically, "I'll try to find an investor for you, maybe my boyfriend or his friends. Give me your proposal. I'll be back in Italy soon and--"

"Again?"

"I'll be staying there for a while because I'll be working there. My boyfriend gave me a boutique to run."

Miri could not say anything anymore. She has mixed feelings. She was happy that her sister had found a tycoon boyfriend and got her dream job, but on the other hand she would be lonely at home alone. Since dhe was a teenager she has been living in the Hong family's house since her parents died in an accident. She is very close to Cha Young. She would definitely miss her a lot later.

Meanwhile, Luca's eyes have been staring at Seo Miri's small yet beautiful face with admiration. Unlike Vincenzo, Luca prefers girls of the Mongoloid race to Caucasians like himself. And Seo Miri is his type.

~~~

It's only been a day, both Cha Young and Vincenzo have been longing for it like a century. They make phone calls and video calls whenever they want. Like today, when it was almost midnight in Seoul and in Milan Vincenzo was busy entertaining the chief prosecutor and former presiding judge who were about to step into politics. Their longing is timeless.