7-Tricking burns of winter

"We'll be sleeping in the same bed from now on, butterfly."

Presumably, we have all been through that moment in life when you wish you could jump back a little something in time, just so that you don't have to suffer the consequences of your own decisions. Was this that kind of situation?

"Are you on drugs?"

Yes, it was.

Evelyn gets up from the carpeted floor furiously. She wants to yell how it wasn't even her decision in the first place, how he is deranged to think this as appropriate and for him to stop calling her "butterfly". But she doesn't. Instead, she opens the fridge's door and yells in there. No reason to give him more satisfaction through words he won't even consider.

But through her ice screaming, she still gives him enough to laugh. This level of frustration seemed new.

After yelling at yoghurt and bananas for a few seconds, she closes the door and looks Heeseung dead in the eyes. "I don't think it's fair."

He smirks. "Of course it is."

She argues through her point further and, even further, he ignores her arguments, dodging them like balls. But Evelyn soon gets tired of fighting and Heeseung seems to never get tired.

"Sleep on the floor if you feel so lonely in the living room," she tells him sternly and coldly, like a conclusion of tediousness.

"I said same bed," he argues, amused and with a wish to see just how far he can push her.

This is as far as can be.

"Fine, I am sleeping in the closet. Wanna join me?" she asks, chin and eyebrow upwards.

He chuckles, leaving the words fragmented, "Sure, if you'd like so."

Her face falls in her hands and comes out red after rubbing it for so long in stress. "Please, pick something else," she whispers as a premiere and even so coming out with enormous restraint.

"Hell, aren't you adorable? Say it again aloud and I'll think about it." His persuasion makes her eyes shine but the hardness of saying that cursed word to him is so very strong.

He always does that; gives her an inner fight with two decisions, one worse than the other. And she is starting to hate this more every day.

"Please," she finally pushes herself to say, eying him with hope.

He smiles and treads towards her. Evelyn waits for him to communicate his final decision and hopes for something unhopeful. As he pats her head briefly, she forces herself to spear him the glare, but she finds that impossibly hard as well.

"That was cute, but no."

At those words, she breaks his touch in an instant, to his gradual amusement.

"Screw you."

His eyes widen with excitement. "Would you look at that?" He laughs, watching the girl throb her feet, irritated, on the floor.

Evelyn doesn't sit around to listen to him and decides that she can just lock her door, what's so hard about it? He is never fair, anyways. Yeah, screw him.

As she collapses on her bed-satisfied with her lock work-the sound of slippers echoes in the hallway.

"See how much you like that," she whispers to herself, shoving her head deeper in the pillow.

"Quite a lot," his voice jolts her up. He cannot be. Why is he in her room? No- rather, how?

He can only laugh again at her disoriented face.