10-Adios, shadow and red

The tension is excruciating. If she were to die, it would be fine as long as this would be over.

Standing in front of the seven Devils of Hell, her legs are like springs: bouncing with no course and ready to collapse at once. The amalgamation of her thoughts is surely ruining Heeseung's ears, and if so, she is glad. As he holds her shoulders in the spacious ball-room-looking thing they are in, she prays--between curses and a thousand little babbles--that her headache is contagious.

Having past what might have been 'formalities', Heeseung gets to the point of Evelyn's inner gratitude: "What is the purpose of this, Uncle?"

The monstrous grin on Asmodeus' replace of a face enlarges. "I thought a lot more of my nephew than to need to interfere in his contract."

Heeseung rolls his human eyes and falls into a chair that pops out of nowhere as he is descending. 'Why am I even shocked?' He forces Evelyn into a flying chair of her own, smiling lazily at the thought he heard loud and clearly, undoubtedly.

"Right now, you're shortening the time of my contract, so spill it out," the red-haired demon replies.

She'd read once, "Hell is a place of torments." If the torments go around an agony of not understanding a single thing that lies besides you, she may just agree. Evelyn shakes her head, trying to plead with her head to slow down.

The Devils lie importantly in their thrones and watch with their mortifying faces the 'guests'. One face uglier than the other, Evelyn forces herself to avoid gazing at any one of them, preferring to focus on the one and only task that neither involved lifting her head or talking in her head for Heeseung's enjoyment: digging her nails inside her skin with the hands on her lap.

There is a screeching sound and then some voice, who she knows not who it belongs to replies to the comment Heeseung made just earlier, "Well then, you may hear it at once. You were summoned here for the failure of honouring the contract you were entitled with."

Evelyn stops the stinging act of violence towards her cuticles and looks up for the first time since she sat down on the possessed chair. What terms did he 'fail to honour'?

Heeseung scoffs and gives a dismissing hand gesture as he takes in the reasoning. "And how is that?" he inquires, getting up.

The paper she saw in November, in that rainy evening, appears into a pile of airy fire. Talk of déjà-vu. One big and grey hand snatches the flying document and rips it open. "Blah blah...the giver of the Contract must exert equal feelings of affection from the beneficiary...blah blah."

The words don't even finish properly before Evelyn jumps up in indignation. Was this fucking it? Was this the reason of literally going to hell? Heeseung looks at her with a knowing look, failing (or purposely wishing) to suppress his growing grin as he hears her swearing. Always a good time to know she's frustrated.

"Really, aren't you the Devil of Desire, how can you fail at this?" one laughs.

She slaps her palms on her face and before anyone could tell what she was going to do she has her lips pressed on Heeseung's and her hands all around him. The sensation of his smirk on her lips is almost like a familiar taste; she'd felt it before and there is no true way of telling but it feels like poison.

Heeseung couldn't even tell when she thought of doing that--and that had its simple explanation: she didn't. She just could take it no longer and cannot now as well as she flings her head to the Hell's rulers. "Is this enough to show mutual affection? Because I assure you, there is plenty. Can we go home?" she yells.

It has been a while since she has yelled. Heeseung smiles on his chair and leans even deeper, spreading his legs boyishly as he watches his butterfly scream at actual demons. It's entertaining, to say the least. He is near applauding her when deep voices explode in laughs and exclamation of agreement.