1 lost, 1 gained

You race through the streets of the boiling isles.  Your best friend close behind you.  Sure the two of you were only 13, but you were ready for coven tryouts.  The best part about it was that your mom couldn't complain about you anymore.  You tripped on a rock, and suddenly were pinned to the ground.  

"Caught you!" he laughed.

"Yeah right." you replied, "I let you win."

Hunter stood up and put out his hand.  You grabbed it, and he pulled you off the ground.

"I should probably get headed home," you said, "Tryouts are tomorrow, and I need to get some sleep."

"Right." he replied.

You paused for a second, looking at him. "You are going to be there," you asked. "Right?"

Hunter only turned his head, looking away from you.  He was going to be there, but not as Hunter,  as The Golden Guard.  He couldn't tell you that, not yet.

"I get it," you sighed, "You're busy, I won't push.  Just try to come?"  You walked away, upon reaching your house, you opened the doors.  A little girl ran past you, she was one of Amity's friends.  Willow.  You watched as she ran outside and down the street.  It was probably Odalias fault, leave it to your mom to ruin her only real friendship.

You walked into Amity's room, she was crying too.  You didn't bother asking what happened.  You just sat down and she hugged you.  The two of you stayed like that for a while, at least until Amity fell asleep.  You moved her to her bed, and left.  Opening the door to your bedroom.  You had school tomorrow, tryouts for the Emperor's Coven were right after.  You were a student in the Bard track, but also studied potion, Illusion, and healing magic.  

You grabbed your uniform, laying it out on your desk.  Only 13 hours until the tryouts, laying down in your bed closing your eyes.  Drifting off to sleep.  You woke up to see bright sun lighting up your room.  You quickly got ready, and put your uniform on.  Grabbing your back before running downstairs.  Ed and Em were already walking out the door.  You rushed past them, causing Edric to stumble.  

Today was not the day to be late, and you still had to stop for breakfast.  Or skip that and go straight to school.  Okay maybe school was the batter option.  You got there the second the doors opened.  Walking inside, and to your first class.

The day flew by, and soon it was the moment you'd been waiting for all your life.  You entered the gate opening into the tryout arena.  Looking at the list to find your name.  You were at the bottom, good, that gave you time to plan.  Learning the strategy of your opponents. 

As the first battle began, you glazed through the bleachers.  Hunter hadn't come.  Suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder.  You turned to see the Golden Guard.  You froze.  Was this really happening, your role model was right in front of you.  Not many people new about him yet, but you did.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He asked.

"Yeah actually," you replied, "a friend of mine.  I knew he probably wasn't going to show, but I was still hoping for a miracle."

You sat down on the bench, he sat next to you.  Perhaps this would be the start of a new friendship.  But it might also be the end of your favorite one.  Sure the Emperor's Coven would be great.  But you only got one day off out of the whole year.  You would have to spend it with your siblings.  So when would you see Hunter?