The First Match

The tryouts began, it wasn't anything like you had expected. After many rounds it was finially your turn, the person aganist you was shorter, and used potion magic. This would be a quick fight for you. The bell rang and before your opponent could react you swept them off their feet and pinned them to the ground. Winning the round and a spot in the Emperors Coven. Your sorry excuse for a mother would be proud.

.                                                                                    (Time Skip)                                                                                         .

You walked into a long hallway, a little lost at the size of the palace. Eventually a coven scout helped you find your room. But their was one odd thing, when the other new scouts were given sigils, you had been skipped. It was already late, tomorrow would be your first day as a coven scout. You closed your eyes and fell asleep. 

The next morning you put on your new uniform and walked to the place you had been told to wait. When you entered the room you saw three people on the stage, the coven head Lilith Clawthorn, The Golden Guard, and Kikimora. You shivered, most of the coven scouts had been called and assigned already, two people were left with you. They were assigned to a different mission. You felt the gaze of the three on the stage directed to you. 

"Are you sure this is the one?" Kikimora asked, turning to Lilith.

"Yes."

"If you say so," She looked to you, "Your mission is highly honored scout. You will be working along side the Golden Brat- Guard for now."

The Golden Guard walked off the stage ignoring Kikimoras comments. He grabbed your arm and started walking away. 

"Could you let me go? Or at least tell me what the mission is?" He didn't reply, "Oh come on! Don't act like you weren't being friendly yesterday."

Hunter blushed underneath his mask, if he spoke too much you might realize it was him. He rounded a corner and let go of your arm. "Just follow my lead. And stop talking." He turned around and started walking again.

(Authors note! Sorry that this chapter is short, I've going through a lot recently, but I'm planning on picking this project back up. I can't keep a strict scehudal because I just started a new job! My first job, working for my step mother in her store. It's just for the summer, I'm trying to get a real job this fall. But I want to get too atleast the 20th chapter before august. I won't have a way to publish during the school year, so it's going to be a bit of a mess! But work with me on this, I do plan on finishing this story, and I hope that some of you stick along for the ride!)