F I F T Y

A/N: hehe, you all thought I was dead, huh? well guess again. Either way, the first two and a half weeks back at uni have been quite heavy and busy, so sorry for the delay! Also, I updated the last chapter with the question of whether I should also make a story of Hvitserk and Imeldina, but I didn't receive a lot of reactions on it, so I'm not sure if you guys didn't see the update of whether you just don't want that story. It would be really nice if you could let me know (: Enjoy this chapter !!!

|| F I F T Y ||

To eternal bliss
I'm so glad to know

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You look so beautiful, sister!" Imeldina squealed as soon as she had woven the last Siberian squill through Alasia's crown of flowers. She took a step back, admiring her older sister in wonder. The dress she had made for herself fit her perfectly, the long sleeves looking like the wings of an angel and the blue stitches in the high neck, bodice and the hems of the skirt made for a truly breathtaking sight. Her black and long hair flew in curls over her shoulders, the crown on top of it made from a collection of flowers of different shades of blue and white. But it was not the dress or the crown that made Alasia particularly beautiful. Imeldina found that the expression of excitement and love on her sister's face made all of it come together perfectly. "You look like you have walked straight out of a fairytale!"

"Well, I am to become Queen today, so I better look the part," Alasia said softly, her fingers reaching for the crown on her head. Before she was able to touch a single flower, Imeldina had already smacked her hand away with a stern look, causing Alasia to chuckle. Truth be told, she could hardly care about the queen part, only looking forward to being finally Ivar's wife.

"You truly do, my Lady," Cairstine chimed in, who had helped Alasia with the laces of the dress on her lower back.

Alasia smoothed down the fabric of her dress, looking critically at herself on some polished plate. Her cheeks appeared to be flushed, she had no doubt they would remain that way until midnight, and she was wearing both the cross and the mjölnir Ivar had gifted her, as well as a pair of earrings that would have cost somebody a fortune before a certain Viking decided to take them home. She touched the jewels gently, everything to take her mind off the things about to happen.

At the sound of a knock on the door, she jumped up and turned around, bidding the person to come in. It was Hvitserk, who looked at her for a moment, a proud smile coming to his lips, before his eyes shifted to Imeldina. It was at that moment a true grin broke through on his face, his whole face lighting up like a bonfire. "I have come to escort you ladies to the site of the wedding ceremony," he said, looking between Cairstine and Imeldina. Gently, he lifted Imeldina from the chair and into the wheelchair, Cairstine already walking out on her own accord, and looked up at Alasia. "I will come back for you in a moment."