Chapter 1

As Halo woke up from the daze, she noticed a cold glare looking down at her. This dragon had cold dark blue scales that glimmered like gemstones, a lighter blue near her talons. Her open wings were black with green scales scattered here and there. She wore a large crown with gemstones scattered all over it. Even in Halo's state, she knew who this was. The Queen of the ColorWings. And the dark red dragon with muddy underscales and amber feet looked at her coldly and intelligently. The ColorWing Queen growled at her. "Halo the SkyWing. I am Queen Bluemoon of the ColorWings and this is my lieutenant and Assassin Wing head, Snipe." So this is who killed King Frogbill of the MudWings. Snipe coughed. "What is your relation to your winglet member? Lord Cypress of the MudWings? Do you know his sister Lady Softshell?" WHAT. Lord and Lady? What? Cypress and his sister were Prince and Princess. Not Lord and Lady... that's how they escaped assasination. Queen Bluemoon shot a glare at the assassin. "You're currently here as... a guest. We'll give you alone a nice room, but made so you cannot escape. In exchange for you to help us with your firescales." Halo flicked her wings. "What kind of help?" Queen Bluemoon elegantly looked down at her. "We have materials only a firescales can melt. None of our RedWings have firescales?" Halo looked at Queen Bluemoon confused. "RedWings...?" Queen Bluemoon sighed. "Oh. Right. ColorWings are hybrids to you... ColorWings with SkyWing blood are RedWings, SeaWing blood is BlueWings, MudWing blood is BrownWings, RainWings are GreenWings, NightWing blood are BlackWings, IceWing blood are WhiteWings, SandWing blood are YellowWings, SilkWing blood is RainbowWings, LeafWing blood means you're a GoldWing and HiveWing blood means you're an OrangeWing." Halo nodded. Queen Bluemoon examined her talons. "Do you accept our offer?" Halo nodded. "Only if my friends are safe." Queen Bluemoon arched her wings regally. "They're safer than in any prison on land. Most dragons ask why I want to take over a continent. Truth is... our population can't survive here any longer. I've lost too many dragons on this small continent!" So Queen Bluemoon decided to take over the continents to help her dragons survive... The dark blue queen carefully paced. "That's enough now, Harvester will lead you to your room." As the hybrid, who very much resembled a HiveWing, herded her through the hallways, Halo began to question what intentions Queen Bluemoon had for her friends.