Six: Twenty-Seven Years

"I drink banana daquaris 'til I'm blind
As long as I can hear you smilin' baby
You won't hear my tears.."

1988.

Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Prince's fiancée's laugh echoed the air as they walked hand in hand behind Prince's security in Rotterdam's Old Haven. She'd popped two Tylenol for her back after getting clearance from the on-call doctor about whether it was safe for pregnancy, determined to not let her pain ruin their day.

Her lover's heeled boots that she stole clicked against the ground and they were both enjoying the scenery and quietness of the little district around them. It was filled with cafés with tables that overlooked the water, a dock where people could look at the boats up close, and a pier that was almost empty.

Music was playing loudly towards the end of the dock on a boat that was not like the others and despite people beginning to take notice of Prince, his fiancée was in a playful mood and managed to drag him away from the people shielding him from view to walk towards the modern looking boat. "We don't need to bother these people." Prince said lowly, smiling apologetically at those who stared at them as they came closer to the boat.

His serious demeanor was in top notch and he sent his fiancée a look when they walked upon two men tying off the boat in question and talking amongst themselves. "Oh, so you two are responsible for playing Mr. Mercury! I thought I heard his voice flowing through the air." She teased happily, smiling when both men turned around in curiosity.

They were sporting skinny jeans, which made his Fiancée tilt her head in thought. Both had on tight short sleeve shirts and boots. The more she looked at the two of them, the realization hit and she held out her hand with a friendly, nonjudgmental demeanor. "V," She said, shaking one hand then another.

Prince followed suit with the same smile, thankful that nobody had bothered them thus far. He saw Kirk and the rest of their group walking towards them a few feet away and rolled his eyes. "I'm Prince. Nice to meet you both." He said.

The man on the right with blue eyes respectfully nodded and introduced himself and his friend to the couple. "I'm Sam and this is Jack. I hope my music didn't disturb you two as you walked by."

Prince shook his head and rubbed his fiancée's shoulders. For the first time in days, she had dressed up for him, even though she cried while doing it. A beige coat that almost drug the ground was hitting all of the sensitive areas in her back, and the black faux leather pants she decided to wear were hurting her hips, but she subconsciously didn't notice how bad the pain was.

"Are you kidding? I love Queen. No worries at all." Prince's fiancée said softly, wincing when she swallowed. She had ate so many suckers to ease her throat pain that nobody seemed concerned with, that she had constant dry mouth. "Thank you for letting us stop by."

Sam smiled. She seemed different and kind. Jack squeezed his friend's hand in reassurance and laughed softly as he watched 'V' kiss her fiancé's cheek and outstretch her hand after standing still for a few moments. The words that left her lips is what caused him to laugh with amusement.

"Dance with me." She said to Prince, her voice was calm and radiated happiness as a certain person's eyebrows raised in challenge. "Come on lover, don't be such a weenie."