15

"My mom and I had another argument last night..." Niall says as he sat down at our table and I looked up from my tray and saw that he seemed pretty tired. His voice was also wavering a bit. "Were you screaming or something?" "That's all that they do these days. I heard a part of it when I dropped him off at his house last night..." Harry says and nibbles on his pizza a little. "Yeah. Apparently she didn't trust me being in his car by myself. She tried to tell me to bring Gabe or Sarah with me to work so that they could take me home instead."

"And what did you say?" "I said that I wouldn't have a problem with transportation if I had my fucking car. I even told her that it was a gift from my grandma. Not her. She doesn't pay for it at all. My grandma fucking transferred the payments to me when I asked for it. My mom has no involvement with the payment of my car, so I don't fucking understand why she thinks that she has all the authority to take it away from me like this. Also, it's fucking silly that she thinks of Harry as some kind of kidnapper."

"You know how they see us," Louis says and I looked at Louis, and he was typing something into his phone. "Yeah, as fucking criminals! They don't even want to fucking listen to me anymore. They even ignore me when I try to tell them about my day. Because they tune me out whenever I bring you guys up..."

It has been a week since the fighting incident and we've fully moved on from the situation. Not Niall or his family though. It seems as though they are far from done with the topic at hand. What's a bit weird is that our one month with Niall is about to come by in just a few days and we don't even know if we're going to make it or not. Niall has said that he's not promising anything anymore when it's about the relationship between him and his family, and we are a bit worried about that.

We don't want him to push his family away or vise versa. They are just a really caring family and we understood where they are coming from. I know that I would be that way when I have children of my own to take care of. Like... we did treat Niall like shit when we first met. I would fully see why his family doesn't trust us and believe me when I say this: Niall's dedication to stay with us is greatly appreciated, but we don't like things getting toxic.

Sure, we haven't gotten toxic with one another, but that is not the problem here. We don't want Niall and his family to have a toxic relationship. He is the only one out of all of us who has a good relationship with his family. My mom left after I came out and my dad just treated me like a stranger since then. Zayn's parents just disowned him when he came out. Like he has to pay for his own stuff and shit like that. The only thing that they are willing to do for him is keep him under their roof till he graduates. The only people that haven't treated us any differently are our siblings.

Louis's parents are abusive towards him. His dad started it when the lad was only 7, but his mom started when he came out to his family. His sisters are nice to him and they treat him like family. Harry's dad is just abusive in more ways than one and his sister just acts like he doesn't exist. His mom is the only caring one and the one who never changed. Niall has a loving mom and a loving brother. Of course we want to keep that going. We don't want to fuck that up for him. We already feel at fault with everything else that is going on in our fucked up life.

My phone buzzed and Niall was still talking about his fight with his family. I pulled my phone out and I looked to see that Louis sent a message.

Louis: We need to talk. The other two agreed to meet in the Choir room after school. Are you up for that?

I looked at him and the feeling that was in my stomach just knew what this talk was about. I nodded my head and he sent me a small nod before we both put our phones away and listened to Niall talk about how annoying his family is. I just wished that he saw things from their eyes and see that they are just worried for his safety. I really didn't want it to get to this. Being with him was rather amazing.