A rumor in St. Petersburg

A/n; extending the timeline-for funsies ;3

=

It's a rumor, a legend, a mystery! Although the Czar did not survive, One daughter may be still alive! The Princess Anastasia!

But please do not repeat!

-

"I'm sorry, did-did you say, Deville?" Evie asked, stopping her cousin in his tracks as he showed her the photo of their cousin and his fiancée. Oliver blinked, twice, three times; then slowly nodded, furrowing his brows a bit. "im sorry it's just-um, my friend, my roommate actually-she lost her memories ten years ago, and"

Evie made a gesture that clearly meant it was a long story, pointing at Oliver's phone "she has this-necklace thing, and on that necklace, has the words 'H.Deville' on it, and-we've found zero Deville's on the internet or even in any like-phone books so im just-curious-is that the only Deville family?"

Oliver just stared at Evie, clearly shocked by her words before he nodded his head "yes, the Deville family, is the one and only Deville family...but I'm not sure there are any H. Deville's, only one I can recall is Haley Deville but she's seven?" Evie sighed, blowing out her cheeks a bit.

Oliver stared at her for a moment, then glanced away, looking down at his phone "if-if you wish, I can ask the lord of the family about this, H. Deville, what is your friend's name?"

"(y/n), her name is (y/n)"

-

"You what?"

You asked, very surprised as Evie handed you the invitation, biting her lip as you read it. "...Are you for real?" you whispered, looking up at Evie with wide eyes, the gem hanging from your neck feeling much heavier than it did a second ago "You-you actually-found-Deville?"

Evie grinned and nodded, tapping the invitation rapidly as she stood "Yes! Who knows, this Deville family might be the same Deville as that!" she pointed to your necklace, and you took a shuddering breath "-So I asked, and they said you could come along as my plus one!" she sat down beside you as you stared numbly at the wedding invitation. "C'mon, this is a chance for both of us, to find our families! Hell-maybe we can find this-H. Deville eh?"

You pressed your lips together, running your thumb over the printed names of the bride and groom-to-be. "Maybe" you muttered, flopping back in your chair, turning your head dramatically to look at Evie "But what if this-whole thing-doesn't work? What if this H. Deville doesn't exist anymore? What if the same thing that made me lose my memories, made them lose their life?" Evie shrugged, curling her arm around your shoulder.

"Look, worst case scenario? We spend a week in London at a fancy ass mansion and drink to our heart's content, and then we come home and continue the search for H. Deville, eh?" Evie seemed so genuine, so sure that her finding her family would lead to yours, or at least somehow get you closer to finding H. Deville.

You sighed, rubbing your face before you nodded "Fine. Fine! Let's go to London and party it up" you muttered, laughing as Evie squealed and hugged you tight "Thank you thank you!!! Honestly I was super nervous about going alone so-thank you" you nodded at Evie's words, watching her amused as she stood to grab a celebratory bottle of wine. "So let us drink and be merry~" Evie said in a fake posh accent, giggling as you rolled your eyes and bowed to her, taking the wine glasses and helping her open the new bottle.

-

"Remind me to never get on a plane again" you muttered to Evie as you stepped off the flying death machine. She laughed, pulling her phone off of airplane mode and texting Grace you had landed. "Didn't you come to New York by plane?" Evie teased, shoving you lightly as you rolled your eyes at her, flicking her chin as she laughed.