Paris holds the key to her heart

a/n; I don't know how people talked in the past so shut up about dialogue it's a fanfic let me have my fun

=

Paris holds the key to her past. Yes, Princess, I've found you, At last.
No more pretend, You'll be gone, That's the end...

-

"This? Is my room?" you asked, jaw dropped as you stepped into the grand bedroom. Walter nodded from the doorway, the butler, not Mr. Fields, setting your bags inside the room. He looked very confused for a moment at the setting, as if he didn't know the room had existed before bowing out at Walter's side-eye.

"Yes, Harrison had it commissioned for you just-just before he died, in hopes you would return one day...I guess it wasn't for naught eh?" Walter said, stuffing his hands in his pockets as you spun around to look at the room; sunlight illuminated every detail of the elegant, almost regal, bedroom.

"I feel like I got shoved into princess diaries" you muttered to yourself, pressing your lips together as you spotted the, very soft-looking, queen-sized bed. You glanced between it and Walter, and he gestured to it "it is yours" he said softly, holding back a smile as you grinned and ran towards the bed, jumping and turning mid-air to land comfortably in the middle "This is so cool" you laughed, the soft bedding and pillows surrounding you.

Walter couldn't help but smile, one of his hands trailing up so he could bite his thumbnail "Glad it's to your liking, Harrison had practically lost sleep over the design, didn't want it to be as dark as the rest of the manor...said it didn't suit you" you hummed, agreeing with that notion sitting up and looking around again.

"Well, anywhere in the manor is free to explore, including the grounds; just be careful around the gardens...I hope you enjoy your stay, (y/n)" Walter said with a smile, one that didn't reach his eyes and he bowed his head slightly before walking out of your room, closing the doors behind him. You stared at the doors for a moment before sliding off the bed and exploring the room further, now feeling much more comfortable not being watched.

Though this, Walter, didn't make you feel uncomfortable, not in the slightest, instead it felt...better, when he was around. You huffed at the thought, opening the closet as you shook it away. Maybe he felt that way because he was Harrison's brother?...though that idea didn't...sound right?

You sighed, letting yourself hang off the closet doors for a moment. It felt like he wasn't telling you everything, like...only half-truths. "Whatever, at least I know something now" you muttered to yourself, happy you had at least found out who had given you the necklace, and in fact they did love you-very much. So much it was almost as if they died from heartbreak after you disappeared from their life.

Walter hadn't exactly been able to explain what had happened to Harrison, only that soon after your disappearance, and after the room had been designed, Harrison had died from mysterious circumstances; unknown to the family and practically alone.

You wondered what he looked like, what were his eyes like? Did he look similar to Walter or did he look completely different? You sighed, closing the empty closet, hands intertwined behind your back as you walked around the room, glancing into the mirror as you passed it.

You paused, breath catching as you saw a shadow behind you, the brightest ocean blue eyes just over your shoulder, hands edging around your shoulders. You turned, seeing no one. You closed your eyes, holding your hand to your chest "Just my imagination" you said to yourself, shaking your head as someone knocked on your doors "Come in!"

Evie stepped inside, her eyes widening at the sight of your room "Holy fuck! This is as big as our entire apartment!" you laughed, spinning around and nodding "That's what I thought!" you said, fully in agreement with Evie as she copied your movements form earlier while exploring the room. "Apparently, Harrison had this built for me just in case I ever came back, sweet isn't it?" Evie nodded, drawing her fingers against the soft sheets of the bed as she passed it.