Duets: Sophie Pov

Sophie ran into her room, when she got home from school the next day, she changed into a purple dress with grey leggings and brown boots. She put her hair into a braid. Running to the Leapmaster,

"Candleshade!" she yelled stepping into the light path the crystal created. 

Sophie arrived and went to the door. She opened it and let herself in as she headed to Keefe's room.

She opened the door and saw Keefe lounging on his bed...Shirtless. He looked like a surfer. A really good-looking one, she blushed as he fumbled for a tunic.  Gah. What was she thinking? But man he was toned. 

"Like what you see?" he asked as he grabbed hold of a tunic flexing his already noticeable abs. Sophie turned even redder and tore her eyes away from the handsome boy in front of her. He grinned at her wickedly like he knew exactly how she felt, well of course he did he was an empath. Sophie groaned as he slipped his tunic on over his head.  He stood up and joined Sophie, he brushed a hair out of her face and grinned, Sophie felt his soft fingers brush her skin, and she smiled. 

"Well, this is just great," Gisela said interrupting whatever was going on. They scrambled back from each other, making Sophie realize just how close they had been, it was almost like...No. Nope. We're not going there Sophie she scolded herself.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked.

"Oh...nothing," Gisela said. Motioning for them to follow her for training. 

"The most important thing, you'll learn this week is how to fight with each other as a team. To know what the other person is going to do by reading their body language." Gisela said as they entered a large room. "And so we begin"

Sophie dodged, launched a few arrows at the targets, and dodged arrows that rained down on her. they were blunt but the tips were covered in paint so they knew where they got hit. 

...

"Concentrate, Sophie," Gisela said. as she tightened her gut and channeled the energy into the balloon, and watched it shatter. Keefe's balloon exploded a second after, and Gisela told them to take a break. 

They grabbed water and went outside. Walking together they saw the sun setting they sat under a tree.  Sophie leaned her head on Keefe's shoulder and closed her eyes. Breathing in deeply she smelled Keefe's cologne. He smelled awesome and her heart beat a bit faster as she breathed in his scent. Sophie felt Keefe cautiously wrap his arm around her shoulders pulling her in closer. She shifted laying her head on his lap she opened her eyes and looked up at him. She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. 

She felt him take a deep breath, and then his fingers touched her hair which had come loose from her braid. He began to twirl a piece with his fingers. She relaxed, his fingers combing slowly through her hair. She breathed deeply and smiled. Soaking in the feeling of the safety she felt in Keefe's soothing embrace.

~*Keefe's Pov*~

Keefe ran his fingers gently through her hair. The girl that was in his dreams at night, was letting him play with her hair and her eyes. When she opened them and look at him after she put her head on his lap. Their warmth was so calming he could get lost in them. Lost in the golden specks of islands in her eyes.  And her blonde hair was so soft. It felt like satin as he ran his fingers through it. He felt her relax even more and he took a deep breath. 

Her breathing evened out and Keefe realized that she had fallen asleep. He had only seen Grady from afar but he would be furious if they got caught. Sophie shifted in his lap and her eyes opened. 

"Hey..." she murmured sleepily.

"Hey, you should get home soon," he said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She nodded and slowly sat up her eyes glancing at his lips. He met them and looked at the pool of brown both of them leaning in. 

"Well... What do we have here?"