29 | egg; to make a scene

Pain ricocheted up his legs at the impact that he crashed onto the metal plate below. It'd been a fairly long drop, though not something life-threatening.

Lucas hissed, glancing down. He could make out a toilet in the corner and a marbled white sink at the side. Somebody's bathroom? Regardless, he couldn't go back up.

Staring at the metal, he slammed his leg down once more.

And again and again.

The noise would likely attract attention, depending on who was nearby since the apartment's sound proofing didn't seem to be the best, though it worked to some extent.

However, in an old area, the screws were likely old and more easy to break through sheer force, if he kept kicking. He had plenty of practice in both breaking things and kicking.

With a final slam against the metal, it pushed through, and he crashed onto the bathroom floor. Dust scattered in the air and he coughed, glancing around.

He heard movements from high above and quickly yanked a towel that hung off a rack, throwing it onto the floor. Mere seconds later, a large boulder came crashing down, a half-scream stuck down its throat.

Julian fell onto the towel in a warped position—legs kicked up into the air, arm hanging underneath him in an unnatural position while he groaned.

The towel hadn't helped much, but it was better than landing on the metal grates that had fallen down.

"S-sir..." Julian rolled around in misery, gradually pushing himself up. "Weren't we too loud?"

"There was no other option."

"Should we think of a plan? Maybe we should've waited to see what other options we had?" rambled Julian, clearly nervous as he glanced around.

Lucas shook his head calmly, speaking with such confidence that anybody would believe him. "Brains are unreliable—it's better to get through things with sheer force."

"My grades... were pretty good."

"Grades in school don't mean a thing in real life."

Well, they mattered in getting to a better education, but the learning done at school was often forgotten. In one ear, out the other. Of course, Lucas, having dropped out of school at a young age, respected those who hadn't.

Regardless, Julian's good grades weren't going to get them out of this situation.

He tapped out a message on his phone to alert Elias. They'd have to get Nora and Rome out—the situation had become too dangerous to proceed normally.

"I'll get your revenge another way, Wren."

A voice answered from beside him. "Well, I'm pretty disappointed. Can't blame you though, I'd hate for that pretty lady to get injured in all this."

Wren waved, sitting in the bathtub casually as Julian blanched, spinning his head around to see where she'd emerged from. Deciding to mess with the youth, she grinned wildly and said, "I'm a ghost."

"R-really?"

"Sure. Are you scared?"

"P-please don't eat me!"

She paused, and burst out laughing before looking him up and down. Putting on an obvious act, she licked her lips greedily. "I don't know... you look pretty tasty."

Julian jumped, and he grew paler by the second as a new tremble begun to overtake his body. Lucas sighed, walking over to lightly tap Wren on the head with a shake of his own.