45 | reunion; i don't remember you

There was a feeling people felt at abrupt moments, when their hearts lurched and they felt sick to the stomach, but didn't know why.

A moment of alarm, of their body telling them that something was about to happen.

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows deeply, raising his body with the help of Elias' hand, pressing against the small of his back. He gazed out at the hospital as Nora passed the gates and parked on the side.

It wasn't small, but compared to normal clinics it was a regular-sized block that was illuminated brightly from the inside. Only three levels, with glass windows to indicate different rooms.

However, there was an oppressive feeling that radiated from the inside that made everyone in the car stare outside cautiously.

Not exactly the danger of being attacked... but of a powerful presence watching them inside, scrutinizing their every move. Additionally, there was a blurry figure he couldn't make out standing at the door, peering outside.

Lucas struggled to turn around and yank out the phone from the side of the car door. He'd left it behind during the Story and hadn't checked it since.

[L: I have arrived outside of the hospital.]

There was yet to be any response, so the group exited and approached the doors. Nora recalled the barrier preventing her to enter when she came by earlier.

"I think we have no other option but to wait."

Wren scoffed. "There are clearly little things watching us from the window—just yell at them to come down. They weren't there before."

However, it was unlikely that all of a sudden, a bunch of people had rushed inside the hospital that had been sealed off. They must've been hidden on the group's previous visit, only daring to peek through the glass panels now.

Why now? One could assume it was because their leader was back that they dared to look.

Upon previous research, it was a children's hospital. During these violent times, it was only expected that younger children would hide away fearfully, listening to the orders of an adult they trusted.

Then, Lucas made out the figure turning and speaking to somebody.

Walking down the few steps, a sickly looking boy approached them, swaying like a ghost. His face was gaunt, and his limbs extremely skinny as he appeared to be around the age of 14.

For some reason, most of the oppressive force seemed to radiate from him!

Nora held a hand over her gun, not eager to shoot at a child, but it would be done if there was no other option. Similarly, all the members tensed.

Underestimating the unknown opponent before them could be a grave mistake, killing them instantly.

The boy had messy scarlet hair that hung over his face, giving a depressing atmosphere while his lips were thin and pale, devoid of colour.

He hoarsely wondered, "Who... are you?"

Nora took a step in the front, smiling gently. "We're not here to harm you. We've been contacting a man by the name of Kane, in order to remove a curse on both him and the man beside me."

She gestured to Elliot, who waved enthusiastically but didn't dispel his killing intent. For a wild character that acted often on instinct, he would let down his guard now.

Even the people around him could become his enemy again any moment.

"...the doctor?" The boy frowned, wobbling closer but keeping a reasonable amount of distance. "He is... resting. I didn't hear about a visitor."