23 | Moments

Taehyung's POV

"Tae , breakfast is ready!" I was already stepping down the stairs at my mother's call and within the next five minutes we both were sitting together with a gleeful smile painted on our faces. Having my mother back was overwhelming sometimes. I was filled with happiness and love and her care made me reach on the toppest clouds.

Right now watching my mother sitting right across me and feeding me my food , I felt like the ten year old I was . The innocent version of me , who never imagined to go through such a hell of a ride of life and escape through it. I did and the outcome was pleasuring.

I opened my mouth wide when my mother brought the piece of bread with jam in front of me and took a bite from it. While I munched on the crunchy toast , my mother eyed me with so much love and warmth held in her eyes. Two months had already passed since that dreadful night where it all ended for good.

About Hansoo , the last time I saw him , it was at the court where he was sentenced to death. My mother initiated with the case and helped the cops have the evidence which totally proves him to be a murderer. The evidence which my mother had kept with her throughout the years was the video where my father killed his in-laws right in front of her. It was hard for her to keep it safe but she did . My mother did her best and saved it with her.

After that whatever happened, me and my mother decided not to involve ourselves in it any further. The trauma that man caused to us was a lifelong burden but we both learned to get a hold onto that to live our lives to the fullest. As much as possible.

After finishing up with my breakfast, then came a moment where I found myself fiddling my fingers , contemplating whether to ask my mom about what I was then thinking for a week . My mother didn't fail to notice that.

"What is it dear ? Is there anything you want to let me know ?" With her soothing voice she called out my name. I actually had a lot to say. My relationship with Y/n , about my friends and further plans for my future. There were piled up things I wanted to say to my mother but I was still figuring out how to bring up so many things.

Interacting with my own parent felt so foreign and at some point it did leave a heaviness in my heart. Even normal talks felt unfamiliar and a challenge. Watching me not speak , I felt my mother shifting towards me and sat closer , before her hands ran through my hair in a calming manner. "What is it ?" She asked again. I gained my form back a little bit to cause myself to look up at her.

"It's just a small thing… " i mumbled out. "Will you mind if I ask my friends to come over? I have never done this after….. " a defeated sigh escaped my gape. No matter how long , it was still hard for me to get over the fact that the first time I tried to normalise my life , asking my best friend over to spend some time , it turned out to be our last time together .

Although there wasn't anyone who would cause trouble to my friends, the hitch , the fear in my heart were still there. " Tae , this house is yours too. You can call them over whenever you want. I don't have any problem plus it will be a great opportunity for me to interact with those great guys as well. You don't know how thankful I am to them for being there for you." Her words brought a smile to my face again. Life wasn't great to me before but I guess I could get used to this greatness… right ?

"Then they will be coming over in the evening." I announced , standing up from my seat with a sudden excitement sprouting within me. " Sure and yeah make sure to ask U/n to come over as well. Shouldn't I get an opportunity to meet your girlfriend as well?" Honestly, I wasn't surprised about the fact that my mother knew. Me and Y/n were awfully obvious with the way she was always so caring and protective about me and how I refused to leave her side at University, when she finally joined after getting a little bit better from the gunshot.