Chapter 3

Ulaz POV

At Kolivan's words, Thace grabbed the kit and moved to the corner of the den that was furthest away from Kolivan. Kolivan's ears flicked in annoyance. "Thace, it's just going to take a varga. Not even that!"
Kolivan was angry while Thace was both scared and worried. To make the situation worse, the kit let out a distressed whine. Thace tightened his hold around the kit and turned his back to the both of us. I had to laugh at the situation. Kolivan glared at me and I sighed. Thace, darling, please give Kolivan the kit. We need to check if he's healthy." Thace's ears twitched.

(But serious question, do Thace's tufts of fur/hair count as ears? I mean he has nothing else. I'm sorry I'm just laughing at myself that I made such a sculpted face a bottom 🤣)

Thace slowly got up, still carrying the kit, and walked over to me. He put the kit in my arms and slunked away. I handed the kit over to kolivan, who then proceeded to leave the room, and I came over to the now miserable Thace. I held his face and kissed him. Not a long heated kiss, just a short, sweet and caring one.

--- yeah let's leave the two love birds to themselves. Of to a different POV!---

Kolivan POV

I brought the kit to the medical room. On the journey there, he kept whimpering and shivering in my arms. I noticed that there were purple streaks in his hair and his skin had turned a pale violet. He was also beginning to shrink. I was approached by the Blades medic, Valtra. (don't ask making up these kind of names is hard.)
"Need anything?" She asked.
"I need an incubation pod, for him." I told her, gesturing to the kit. Valtra immediately pulled out one of the incubator pod and opened it.  "This model of pod will change size depending on the size of the kit. It also..." I drained out the rest of her rant about the pod and allowed myself to be lost in thought.

Suddenly, the kit was taken out of my arms. I glared at Valtra, who was placing the little one into the pod. The pod shut with a hiss.
"Soooo, where did you find this one?"
"He was with Voltron." Valtra looked at me suspiciously. "I feel there's a catch." I nodded. "He was suppressing his galra instincts for years. Even as a galra-human hybrid, it's unhealthy to do." Valtra nodded, her ears flicking.

Half an hour laterrrr

The pod hissed open and a wail could be heard. Valtra immediately ran over and started cradling Keith. Although Valtra was a beta, she was a female meaning the instinct to protect kits ran through her blood. Keith was now the size of a human toddler with deep violet skin and bright yellow pupil-less eyes. His hair was now a shade of purple so dark it could be counted as black. Cat-like ears and tail were new additions to his body. Overall he looked like a very purple cat.

Antok burst into the room.
"My motherly senses are tingling. Where's the child?" He pushed past me and almost snatched the kit away from Valtra. He snuggled with the kit, who happily purred and tried to hug back.
"Oh yea. Kolivan hunny? Voltron called. They've requested a meeting."

∆ 569 words ∆
∆ yk that actually, Keith could have a tail genetically. His mother had a tail but if was cut off by the empire military. Ulaz and Sendak also suffered the same fate with their tales. Have fun with that info ∆