chapter 2 : a kind couple

Aside from the fact that she had to introduce herself in front of the class since she was a transferee, everything was fine with her classes. Seki was relieved that no one bothered to talk to her but she could sense some of her classmates gossiping about her at the back of the classroom, but of course it's not like she care about it anyway. It was already lunch break so finally she could have more time for herself. And guess that's just if she found an empty table in the cafeteria.

"Seki-san", She looked up from fixing her things on her desk when her sensei called her. She was already by the door where another unfamiliar girl stood at attention. Seki quickened her pace and put the last of her notebooks back in her bag before approaching her teacher who was getting ready to leave.

"Ah this is Moriya Akane, she's from the student council. She'll be helping you get started with whatever you need" he kindly introduced before turning to the introduced girl.

"I'll leave Seki-san to you", that girl nodded and the teacher gave one more reassuring smile before leaving. Right after he left, the student council girl immediately put her full attention on Seki and offered a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, Seki-san. As what sensei said, I'm Moriya Akane. I am a 2nd year student. You can call me Akane or Nen, anything is fine. Just be comfortable". Seki politely accepted the handshake and was thankful that this girl was not crazy just like that Inoue Rina she met hours ago.

"Nice to meet you too, Akane-san, and thank you for helping me", the other girl showed her gummy smile, satisfied that she made the transferee at least feel comfortable.

"Of course, Seki-san. Well, first, I just need you to fill up a bunch of forms for requirements. The forms are still in the student council room, would you go with me to the student council room or wait here while I take the forms for you?"

"Um, that's okay, i'll go with you." Seki was still feeling uncomfortable in the class because there's no one who tried to talk with her, so she thinks it will be better to go somewhere else instead of feeling awkward the whole time while waiting for Akane.

Akane was really nice. Seki felt at ease while walking beside the student council member who was telling her stuff about the school and where things were at. Like where was the cafeteria, garden, gym, and all restrooms. Everything that Seki needed to know as a student in that school. At least now that she knows stuff, she won't have to ask around.

"Here we are"

After all that introduction and information, they finally arrived at the student council office. It seemed cozy and comfortable to Seki that she wouldn't mind staying there for the rest of the day.

"Akanen, you're back!" Seki immediately tensed when she heard an unfamiliar voice.

She really needs to stop being scared of new people.

She turned to the direction where the voice came and saw a girl who has a similar height as hers and a gentle smile on her lips. Gladly she didn't look chaotic like Inoue Rina too so Seki relaxed a bit and waited as the unknown girl approached them.

"Ah you must be Seki Yumiko-san, nice to meet you. I'm Sugai Yuuka." The transferee politely greeted back and bowed.

"Nice to meet you Sugai Yuuka-san."

Akane introduced Yuuka as the president so Seki immediately assumed that Akane was the vice president because she could see how the two girls were close, but apparently, she was only a member.

"Akanen is a hard worker, I do hope she oriented you about some things in the school?", Yuuka gently asked and Seki agreed.

"She did actually. I would be fine in the next days thanks to her", she assured and the president showed a satisfied smile.