chapter 4 : infirmary

Seki sighed, sitting on the bed as she waited for the 2nd year student to finish chatting with the nurse, explaining everything that happened. It was like she was telling a story from how Seki heard her because she was in another room.

The mischievous girl earned comments from the older woman. Basically the nurse scolded Inoue and told her to be more careful because someone had already been hurt. By the way they were talking to each other, it seemed like Inoue was also close with the school nurse. This girl seriously, is everyone in the world is actually her friend?

The 3rd year student sat up straight as Inoue barged in the room, carrying an ice pack. A victorious smile on her face as she can finally tend to Seki, still feeling apologetic of how careless she was. Inoue sat beside the older girl, a little too close for Seki's liking but she can't do anything about it.

"Where does it hurt? Or where did I hit you?" Inoue sheepishly smiled when she asked. Seki kept her eyes down, avoiding the other girl's gaze as she pointed to a certain part of her head. The top left part of her forehead.

Without hesitating, Inoue holds the ice pack against the affected part according to the other girl. After a few seconds, Seki expected Inoue to leave her be. Like maybe Inoue could just tell her to hold the ice pack herself but that didn't happen. The noisy girl was just happily humming to herself as she kept holding the ice pack by herself.

"A-ah, it's okay, I could hold it. Thank you" Seki said, making Inoue pause her humming.

"Are you sure?" She asked and Seki nodded. Inoue agreed and let Seki hold the ice pack but she didn't go anywhere. She stayed there beside her, continuing her humming and bobbing her head side to side.

"Do you feel better?" Inoue asked after a few minutes, offering a grin to somehow comfort and make amends for what she did. Seki agreed. At least, Inoue made it clear that she didn't really mean to hit her and it was all an accident.

"I'm sorry" Inoue apologized for the nth time and Seki waved her hands.

"Um.. It's fine, it's fine. I'm feeling better, I swear. This will just pass" she assured and Inoue pouts, not fully convinced that Seki is fine.

"You're just saying that to make me stop worrying, aren't you?" Seki completely froze because Inoue was right. That's what she was exactly doing.

"Ehh, the ice is melting" the younger girl commented as she saw some droplets stream down Seki's cheek.

She took out her handkerchief and wiped the other girl's face. The action surprised Seki yet again and that's why she looked at Inoue, in disbelief at how close their faces were.

"I can't believe that I hit this pretty face.."

Inoue said, as if it was a completely normal thing to say. She obviously didn't even know how her words and actions affected Seki. Making her heart skip a beat and her face turn red.

"What's wrong?" The younger one questioned when she saw how Seki looked at her. This girl really didn't know what she was doing and it is making Seki go crazy.

However, before Seki could ask Inoue if she could back up a bit, the girl already did that by herself because they heard a booming loud voice calling Inoue that sent shivers down their spine.

Then in the room, Akane appeared.

Now it was clear, it was her who shouted. She sounded and looked furious, and of course Inoue already knew what to do. The moment her best friend appeared, she dropped on the floor, kneeling again.

"Inoue Rina, you.." Akane glared and clenched her jaw in anger.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm very very sorry!" Inoue apologized but it wasn't enough. Akane pinched her ear and dragged her best friend to stand up. Inoue can't do anything but whine in pain.