Chapter 5

"Have you already created a colloquy with Skye about her father's evilness?" Ezrael Suarez asked with hesitancy lacing his deep voice; an uncertain and antsy look were emblazing his visage.

His daughter, Aria, on the other hand, leisurely gnawed the diminutive piece of bacon she shove inside her mouth as she shaked her head as a response to her father whose aura was being crammed with tremendous amount of nervousness.

"I ain't plotting to do so, dad. I, nor you, have no right to reveal it to her. Let uncle tell it to her."

"Good." Mr Suarez heaved a deep sigh; a smile formed upon his lips. "None of us should be involved in their problem, are we clear, Madison?"

The psychiatrist rolled her eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you, dad, that we are humans. Quit asking if we are clear."

"Aria Madison."

"What?"

"Get out of my fvcking house!"

Aria grinned devilishly despite her father's outrage.

"Later, dad. I'm still munching."

Mr Suarez let out an irked groan, but didn't emit any retort neverthless. Instead of stressing himself with his vexatious daughter, he abided gnawing his breakfast, for he halted when the thought and query about the model and her father unforeseenly came into his mind and couldn't help but to ask his daughter.

"I almost forgot, dad." The psychiatrist stopped gnawing her food. She emplaced the fork and spoon she was using upon the sides of her plate and threw a serious look at her father.

"What is it?" Mr Suarez asked with a raised eyebrow.

"About patient 140." Aria gulped visibly as a baffled look adorned her father's wrinkly face. "I read his biography about last year and behind it, I found out something..."

"What?"

"A cryptic poem."

"Just tell me what is it, Madison!" Her father impatiently yelled as the psychiatrist kept staring at him; her lips were somewhat trembling owing to fear and she didn't know where that feeling came from.

"He's fond of new things,
he had tons of flings,
be aware, young beings,
you might have akin
destiny as his sibling."

---

"Cal, I forgot to ask you: what were you doing in that mall?" Rowan asked with his curiosity-crammed deep voice as he settled upon one of the grey-hued single couch arranged in front of his boss' table.

He crossed his long legs and put his right elbow against the shining even surface of the mahogany table; his head tilted to the other's direction, who's currently sitting on his fancy black swivel chair, across Rowan.

"That's none of your business," Caleb rudely retorted without taking his gaze off his laptop's screen, causing his assistant to scowl.

"We're bestfriends! You have no right to hide something from me!" Rowan complained with phony disappointment in his deep voice.

"Right." Caleb slowly ascended his deadly gaze towards his assistant and gave him a smirk. "Just bestfriends. Not a member of my family I have no right to lie to."

A painful expression flickered upon Rowan's face and it didn't go without his boss not noticing it. He diverted his gaze to hide the unforeseen sadness that adorned his face.