Chapter 10

"But dad, you know how obsessed he is," the model uttered with a little voice, which is almost inaudible, as she bowed her head.

Frederick Laurier, on the other hand, outstretched his right arm to reach for his daughter's hand that was resting upon the table's surface; he caressed the back of her hand with his wrinkly thumb to soothe her but it didn't help Vienna.

Gigantic amount of questions showered her mind and it was uncontrollable, and as second passes by, her worry and nervousness keep increasing and suffocating her.

What if he do something bad to me, like hurt me physically like what some husbands do to their wives? He's obsessive for pete's sake! It's not impossible that he will hurt me.

"C'mon, it is for your own sake, princess." Her father heaved a deep sigh and caged her left hand by emplacing his other wrinkly hand above it. "I wouldn't do this if you're not in danger---"

"I'm not, dad!"

The model couldn't help but to shout owing to too much worry, causing her father's eyes to broaden; she never lost her temper when it come to her dad and no one knows what is the rationale behind her unforeseen hysteria.

It took some seconds for Vienna to realize what she did; her orbs widened owing to suprise and rue.

"D-Dad, I'm sorr---"

"No, no. It's okay, princess. I know you were just shock." Frederick gave her a reassuring smile. "I know it is hard but you have to marr---"

Vienna pulled her hand away from her father's, causing him to halt.

The model threw a disbelief-stuffed look at the old man before she stood up.

"I'm not going to marry that jerk! Never!"

"Vienna," Frederick Laurier uttered her name with menace mingling with his deep voice, causing her knees to tremble.

The model is kind of surprised because her father always call her princess, he rarely address her by her name, which is only when he is mad.

He's angry.

If she is still her younger self, she would say sorry right away to her father and kneel in front of him just to be forgiven but now, she didn't.

Instead, she had the audacity to turn around and stride out of their house without saying anything.

The model knew that what she did is disrespectful but she's too occupied with her shock and feeling for betrayal for her to face her father.

She is kinda disappointed of him.

Did he even think about what I might feel if I get married to that obsessive man?

Vienna felt like she couldn't breathe while she was going out of their mansion but it felt deadly and utterly suffocating when she spotted the man whom she is bethrothed with, standing right in front of his luxurious hatchback with his arms crossed against his muscular chest and a mischievous smirk were plastered upon his lips.

Fvck, why is he here?!

The model hesitated for a moment, whether she go back inside and hide in her room or continue leaving, but her urge to depart from the lethal place won therefore she abided striding until she reached the gigantic parted gate of their mansion, where, right in front of it, Waylen and his car was lounging in.

She plotted to not pay any heed to the obsessive man but he didn't cooperate.

Waylen outstretched his right arm to reach for the furious model's hand and dragged her to himself until she was almost leaning against him.