36 | love me¹⁸⁺

jeongguk was at his office, getting some work done for tomorrow's journal. it was just an ordinary day until he got a call from taehyung.

"hey gangsta." he answered, supporting his phone between his shoulder and ear as he resumed the work he was doing before.

"hey! aren't you done working yet? i am waiting for you down here."

"oh, you are here?" jeongguk asked, holding the phone in his hand and walking up towards the window, and indeed, his car was parked outside. "wait, give me two minutes!"

"it's been freaking minutes jeongu-"

not giving him a chance to complain, jeongguk got into the car, giving him a quick peck on his cheek, making taehyung blush. "u-uh- i missed you all day."

"missed you too." jeongguk giggled as he drove off. "so what are your plans tonight?"

"nothing special. i thought i would go to the nightclub today." taehyung spoke, looking at him for a second before focusing back on the road.

"oh, so no special missions?" jeongguk asked, disappointed. "i thought you finally needed my help today."

"you know it's not about needing you; i am just giving you time honey. it hasn't been so long since you got shot, remember?"

"yeah, i know, i know." the younger looked out of the window for a second. "how was last night by the way?"

"bad." taehyung let out, grabbing his attention again. "the police knew our plan and we almost got arrested."

"what?" jeongguk's voice raised a bit as he looked at taehyung. "how did that happen?"

"i don't know, this has never happened before. luckily we ran away at last minute." taehyung spoke, sighing.

"see! told you that you need me!" the younger pouted, crossing his arms around his chest

"why?" a laugh skipped taehyung's lips. "what would you have done?"

"if there was anything wrong or someone selling you out to the police, i would have probably caught them! because i don't let such things slide." jeongguk exclaimed.

"true." the younger could see his smile as he was driving. "i always need you, don't i?"

"yes, you do! so next time you are having a deal i am coming, and i accept no rejection to that!" jeongguk sassed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"okay okay, no rejection. you are coming next time."

"great!" the younger exclaimed. "oh last days were so boring." he looked at taehyung after a moment of silence and thought again about what would have happened if he didn't run away. he would have just gotten a call telling him taehyung's in prison and then, he probably wouldn't be able to be with him again.

jeongguk's hand reached out, caressing his cheek, taking the latter aback. "be careful my gangsta, if you get arrested, i swear i will lose my mind." he said seriously but taehyung still smiled to that. "i am not joking taehyung, really! i might burn the whole police station for you."

"you crazy boy, i know you would." taehyung held his hand that was on his cheek and kissed its palm. "i will die for this boy who's worried about me."

"no, don't die, just stay safe, okay?" jeongguk let out while looking out of the window.

"sheesh! sweet words really don't suit you, huh?" taehyung pinched his cheek and giggled. "don't worry, nothing will take us apart jeongguk. nothing."

"i really hope so." few minutes later they reached taehyung's house. since he wasn't really staying there, he said he needed to grab some things before leaving to the nightclub.