Chapter 12

One of the only days that San actually wakes up in the morning when Wooyoung does is game days. Every other day of the week, he grumbles about Wooyoung's "stupid fucking alarm" and tends to sleep in. Saturday is no exception to this rule, because Wooyoung hits his alarm, rolls over, and San's already out of bed, doing sit-ups. "That's kinda hot," Wooyoung mumbles, mind too foggy with sleep to stop himself. He rubs at his eyes and stretches. "How are you even doing that right now?" "Have to-keep myself-awake," San grunts. Wooyoung blinks at him, taking in the slightly manic look on his face, hidden under the sweat covered cheeks. "Did you sleep at all last night?" "No," San says through panting breaths. "Too busy- freaking out." "Over the game," Wooyoung says, just to clarify.

He doesn't mean to sound judgemental about it, but it's kind of habitual, at this point. San makes fun of Wooyoung for doing his work and going to the library, Wooyoung makes fun of San for not doing his work and putting all of his focus into a stupid game.

"You wouldn't- understand, obviously." San glowers at him when he comes back up. Before Wooyoung can return the look, he lowers himself back down to the floor. "Obviously," Wooyoung sneers. "Whatever. I'm going to take a shower." "I won't be here when you get back," San says, still on the floor. "I don't remember asking for your schedule," Wooyoung snips. He gathers his stuff for the shower and heads for the door. "You don't have to tell me every time you leave the room. But I'll see you at the game tonight." San freezes, hands falling to the ground to hold himself up. "You're coming to the game?" he asks, completely emotionless. Wooyoung shrugs. "Don't have a choice. Yunho is pushy, and he told me I was coming with him." "Right." San nods, expression still unreadable. Wooyoung slips out the door, but just before it closes shut behind him, he hears a thud and looks back to see San lying flat against the ground, arm thrown over his face as he lets out an exhausted, stress filled groan.

When Wooyoung gets back to the room, he's in the exact same position, only he's fast asleep. Wooyoung bites the inside of his lip, considering leaving him like that. He's not San's babysitter, okay? But he goes over to San anyway and kicks him lightly in the shins. "San" he says. "You need to at least get in bed." San's eyes open slowly, lids heavy. He reaches out a hand while yawning without covering his mouth. "Help me up?" Wooyoung groans. Seriously?

He puts out his hand, and then he's being tugged to the ground. San breaks the fall with his body, Wooyoung landing directly on top of him. He doesn't stay there for long, though, because San's turning them over easily, trapping Wooyoung against the floor. He slides a hand through Wooyoung's hair, grinning and suddenly wide awake. "You're still wet." "I just got out of the shower," Wooyoung says, barely enough air in his lungs. "Now get off me. I have to get to the library. I have this group project to work on, and I can't be late." San rolls his eyes. "Nothing I can do to persuade you not to go?" he asks. "No," Wooyoung says with conviction. "Now get off me." He shoves at San's shoulders until San's weight disappears. He takes a halting breath and gets up, just as San grabs his own bag of shower stuff before stomping out of the room, slamming the door behind himself.

What the fuck caused that? Whatever. It's not Wooyoung's problem, whatever it is. He has to hurry to brush his hair and change before running out the door, and he doesn't have time to worry about San. Plus, he doesn't worry about San in general, whether he has time to or not. Right? Ugh.

******

No matter how much rushing he does, somehow he's still late to the group meeting. And somehow that is only the beginning. Since he's late, the others send him off to get coffee, which makes no sense to Wooyoung because, like, shouldn't someone be filling him in on what he missed instead of making him miss even more? But he doesn't complain because they're right, he should have been there on time like the rest of them. At the coffee shop the barista screws up one of the orders and he has to go back, and the line is so long that by the time he gets the new drink the others are cold. And then Wooyoung goes to bring the coffee into the library, but Nancy stops him with a regretful, apologetic, "Remember the rules, Wooyoung." "No food or drinks," Wooyoung deadpans. There's no way the group he was meeting with didn't know that, so what the fuck was the point of them sending him to get the drinks?