Chapter 15

Wooyoung leaves for home a little earlier than he'd planned. Technically all his exams are done, but he was planning on leaving Friday, since that was the day Yunho and Mingi were both heading home. But when he wakes up Tuesday morning, not exactly early but not late, since they don't have to be in the art room for another few hours, to find paint still caked under his nails, he can't breathe.

When San gets up a little later, after Wooyoung's showered and dressed for the day, and he says, "Hey, think I could talk to you tonight? After the auction?" Wooyoung feels like he's being suffocated. Like San's wrapped those hands of his, with the long, thick fingers, tightly around Wooyoung's throat. "Talk about what?" Wooyoung asks, careful to keep his tone neutral. San shrugs. "Just something. I'll get your number off Hongjoong and text you." Wooyoung goes to protest, but there's really no reason to, is there? Not one, aside from the heavy weight on Wooyoung's chest. "Okay." San nods and Wooyoung grabs his phone and turns it up so he can pretend to ignore San until they have to be in the art room to set up their stuff. But Wooyoung's never been very good at ignoring San, and now is no exception.

Especially when he gets out of bed, completely naked. There's still a bit of paint on certain parts of his skin, little swatches, reminders of what happened. He heads for his dresser, and Wooyoung bites his lip, pointedly not looking at his ass except- okay, he does. Fuck. Slowly, San pulls on his boxers. He does it deliberately, tugging them up his legs with a little twist of those hips. Wooyoung's eyes narrow, his head cocking to the side, and San reaches for a pair of pants, does the same thing, buttoning them painstakingly slow. He forgoes the shirt, heading back for his bed once he's done. He falls onto it, grabbing his phone from on top of the desk, and then he lies there like that, propped up on his side, looking fucking ridiculous. Ridiculously attractive, but Wooyoung doesn't want to think about that. So he gets out of bed, leaving his headphones on, and leaves the room.

Yunho and Mingi are still asleep when Wooyoung gets to their room. Yunho answers the door in only a pair of boxers, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. "What?" he sighs. "What do you want? It's too early for me to like you right now. Come back later." Wooyoung pushes into the room anyway.

Mingi is half awake in bed, rubbing at his eyes like Yunho had. Only he tries to smile weakly at Wooyoung, which Yunho hadn't bothered, and he also doesn't kick Wooyoung out. So Wooyoung crawls into bed beside him, getting right under the blankets and everything. Mingi's bed smells like him; like that cologne he wears every day. Wooyoung tucks his head against Mingi's chest and breathes it in while Mingi rubs at his back, not even asking what he's doing, which is why Wooyoung had come here for him, not Yunho. Yunho would ask; Mingi just comforts automatically and lets him work it out on his own.

"I shouldn't have slept with my roommate," Wooyoung groans against him. "You definitely shouldn't have," Mingi agrees. "I think I like him." Wooyoung pulls back, looking up at Mingi with pleading eyes, begging Mingi to tell him that's not true; Wooyoung can't like San. Nope. Impossible. Incomprehensible. But Mingi only nods sympathetically. "We know." "How did this happen?" Wooyoung wonders. "How did I let this happen?" "I don't think you had much say in it," Yunho says from the other bed. "He's kind of great, when you get to know him, Woo. And he's fucking gorgeous. Like, straight out of GQ material." "You're not helping," Wooyoung grumbles. "And I hate him, remember? I hate him. I'm afraid to not hate him. What happens if I don't hate him? Then what?" "You're already fucking," Yunho points out. "You're halfway there." "Halfway to what?" "A relationship."

Wooyoung gets out of Mingi's bed and stumbles towards the door. A relationship with San. God, he can't even think about that. Not even if- no. He can't. It can't happen. It can't work. And Wooyoung's feelings possibly changing doesn't mean that San's have. Why would his? What does Wooyoung have to offer him except sex, really? Nothing. "Don't leave," Mingi calls after him. "Wooyoung!"