Two - Junior Police Program

We were sitting around Jakes desk talking about the best police movies. "For the last time, the best cop movies, in order: Training Day, Lethal Weapon, and Fargo. End of discussion" Amy said. 

"Wrong. Die Hard is the best cop movie of all time. One cop heroically saving the day while everyone else stands around and watches. It's the story of my life" he said proudly. "I like Turner and Hooch" Charles said, "Tom Hanks reluctant friendship with a dog. That hits me where I live" he said putting his hands over his heart.

"No. It's Robocop. It's got everything like - gratuitous violence" Rosa said. "Oh I though you were listing things" Jake said. "I was. I'm done." "Let's talk Bad Boys. That's the perfect cop movie. Mr. Smith, looking fine. A hot cup of tea Leone. Come on" Gina smiled.

"Francois Truffaut's Breathless" Terry said, and we all just looked at him confused. "What? Terry likes foreign movies!" "What do you think Y/n?" Jake asked. They all looked at me, interested in what I was going to say.

"Um probably Y/f/p/m (your favourite police movie)" I shrugged. "Have you even seen Robocop? I bet if you do your opinion will change" Rosa scoffed. "No, watch Die Hard again it's going to be your favourite. I said again because if you didn't watch it I don't think our friendship will work out" Jake joked.

"Who hasn't watched Die Hard?" I asked and nobody said anything. "Ok good. But there is a correct answer to this question" Jake said and we all crowded around to look at his computer. "Alright so there's Hitchcock... And there's an old hooker. There it is!" Jake laughed as Hitchcock and a woman came onscreen.

"Come on guys, that happened four years ago!" Hitchcock complained. "Shh here comes the best part" Jake said as the woman came back and took Hitchcock's wallet and goes.

~

Scully was talking to Jakes about his foot wart when Captain Holt walks into the room. "Peralta, how close are we on the Adams Street Burglary?" He asked. "We are very close, Captain. Aside from a complete absence of evidence, suspects, or leads. So, in conclusion, not at all close." Jake said. "What about the  Vickers Street aggravated assault?" Holt asked. "Stalled out, and the Calloway robbery also remains unsolved.. Due to a lack of solving it by me."

"Sounds like someone's in a slump" Gina said, looking up from her phone. "I'm not in a slump!" Jake said. "You're not? Because look at the scoreboard" I pointed to Amy and Jakes arrest board which showed that Jake has 35 and Amy has 44.

"I don't slump! I do the opposite of slump I p-muls" Jake said. "That's slump backwards. And that's what I do! P-muls all over this bitch!" He said.

"Slump" Amy said as she walked away.

~

I was in the break room with Rosa and we were eating our lunch while talking when Amy came over. "Hey Rosa, hi Y/n. Y/n I really like your hair today and Rosa I like your shoes they're a really pretty-" "What do you want?" Rosa said cutting Amy off. "Colour" Amy finishes. "Ok so you know that juniors police program seminar?"

"That thing where we try to get a bunch of loser kids to become student snitches?" Rosa asked. "No, the thing where we try to get at-risk kids-" "Losers" Rosa said. "To sign up to become junior police officers." Amy finishes.

"Snitches" I corrected her and Rosa smirked at me. "So what about it?" Rosa asked. "Captain specifically asked me to run it this year. I signed you two up to do it with me. Here's the info" she said handing us a a page with the information.

"Great now I have to read something" Rosa groaned. "Greeting" Gina said appearing behind Amy "I guess I could help you with those at-risk kids." "I don't need your help. It's nothing personal. It's just... You're not a cop, so I'm not really sure you could help." Amy said.