∴ Summary, Author's Note & TWs

S U M M A R Y

[Book #1 of the Phantom duet]

Driven by a senseless obsession for a masked man, Aurora Foster finds herself in Tobias Keene's photography course, where she succumbs to her own vulnerabilities under the dim red glow of the darkroom.

One of the first rules Aurora learns about the darkroom is to keep the curtains closed. If light bleeds in, you run the risk of exposure. Tobias, a man known for his creative expertise, is not exempt from such liability as he lives an enigmatic life of his own. And as important as it is to keep everything screened in the dark, it's only a matter of time before someone slips up and lets the light in.

​​━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

We're not gonna talk about how long I've neglected this story. The main point is that I haven't given up on it. If you're still here, thank you for having patience like no other. I love you lots.

​​━━━━━━━━━━━━━

T R I G G E R  W A R N I N G S

This is a dark romance, which means there are mature themes and a lot of explicit/sexual content. Because of that, I highly recommend that this kind of content only be read by 18+ readers. Although this is fiction, this book involves a professor-student relationship, which is ultimately a power imbalance. This story also speaks heavily on politics [a corrupt government, economical status, how the rich treat the working class, all of the emotional and physical evil that happens by the hands of those in control], along with an FMC who experiences physical and emotional abuse. Some people feel it's unnecessary to add TWs to any medium of art, but I think it's important to remember that not everyone enjoys the element of surprise when taking in dark content. While this is fictional, there are still a lot of themes that may evoke a realistic feeling, and can easily put someone in a funky headspace. Read with caution and know when your brain needs a break from the wicked stuff.

What's in the book:

Politics
Murder
Torture
Graphic Violence & Gore
Stalking/Obsession [predator/prey dynamic between main couple]
Depiction of Child & Emotional Abuse
Depiction of Self-Harm
Suicidal Ideations
Age-gap Couple [AF is 22 & TK is 36]
Explicit Sex Scenes

As I write, I will do my best to add TWs at the beginning of necessary chapters.

​​━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Re-started: February 29th, 2024

Ended:

​​━━━━━━━━━━━━━

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright © 2024 Kay Koleka (femalevoyeur). All rights reserved. No part of this work may be copied or modified without the consent of the author.

Please do not plagiarize my work. I put a lot of time and effort into my writing and would rather it not be stolen. Thank you, ever so kindly.