33

Hello there, my daelights!

How have you been? I know it's been so long since my last update. College life is really so hard, busy, and hectic. Again, I am really really sorry to keep you waiting for an update, but here it is, finally!

I apologize for any grammatical or typographical errors. As what I have told you before, as soon as I finish thw update, I will publish it as soon as I can, so here it is.

Enjoy reading! Happy new year! 🤍

I am here;

--------------

I did not proceed to the reception area right after the wedding ended. Instead, I went the opposite way and walked alone on the shoreline. I didn't realize I was already far from the venue, so I just sat on the sand and watched the skies turn into their brightest colors.

The sunset.

It gives me a feeling of warmth and calmness. A moment to cherish. The moment you'll also realize how grateful you are because you know that it is a promise of a new tomorrow. I've always liked this feeling.. but not right now.

I feel worse.

I've experienced this feeling so many times, and it's getting worse because all of my friends are already married. They already have their own families, while I am still alone and jealous of what they have. The pressure from the people around me is real.

I feel worse because I am blaming myself for what is happening to me now. I wouldn't feel this if it weren't for my issues and fear of committing. Something is wrong with me.

I still remember what my Tita said before; I always got invited to be a bridesmaid but never will be the bride.

It hurts, but it's true.

"Sabrina's been looking for you," a voice behind me said.

Although I knew it was him when he spoke, I still turned my head towards that person.His hair is disheveled as the sea breeze brushes it. His hands are in the pockets of his khaki trousers, and the dirty white long-sleeved he's wearing hangs on his body.

"I got lost," I replied.

"I'll go with you.. when you go back," he said hesitantly. He scratched his forehead and added, "...so you wouldn't get lost."

"Thanks, but I can handle myself." I smiled proudly to show him I could go back alone, although I'm sure I would struggle later because I am bad with directions.

"Are you sure? I know how bad you are with dire-" he stopped.

He knew about it. He didn't forget. Of course, when I struggled with directions, he was the go-to person I'd ask for help.

I heaved a sigh and turned my attention to the view in front of me-the warm sunset and the crashing waves that reached my feet.

When is he leaving, by the way? I'll enjoy the view better if I am left alone.

My phone vibrated, so I fished it out of my purse to check if it was important. It was Mom asking me to send some of my photos. Sad to say, I haven't taken a few shots yet. Also, it would be more awkward to take pictures while someone's looking at me. I'll probably take some later when he's gone.

However, I heard light footsteps getting closer, and the air beside where I sat felt warm.Well, I think there are no pictures, then.

"Do you want me to take your pictures?" he asked.

My head snapped for an instant when I heard him say that. I mean, it's a nice offer. I could use some help.

"If you're good at taking pictures, then yes."