65

IN THE TAXI

Driver:
Ma'am?

Tylli was preoccupied with her thoughts, so she wasn't able to hear the driver.

Driver:
Ma'am?

She kept on overthinking about the outcomes of her action. She lied; she was still scared and she should have just let Joshua drive for her, but she thought she'd rather ride a taxi than let him drive for her because she knew she will depend on it.

Driver:
Ma'am?

Tylli:
P-po?

Driver:
Okay lang po kayo? Mukhang malalim ang iniisip niyo..

Tylli:
Okay lang po, kuya..

She hid her trembling hands.

Driver:
Kilala niyo po ba yung sasakyan sa likod natin? Parang kanina pa po bumubusina sa atin.

Tylli looked back and saw a familiar car behind them; she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Tylli:
Yes po, kuya. Huwag niyo na pong pansinin.

The driver continued driving, but a few moments later, the car behind overtook them on their lane before the light turned red.

Driver:
Ma'am nag-overtake yung kotse sa likod natin. Mukhang bababa rin ang driver, kilala niyo po ba 'yan?

Tylli:
Opo..

Driver:
Boyfriend niyo po?

Tylli:
Hindi-

Joshua knocked on the driver's window.

Joshua:
Kuya, ako na po ang bahala sa kaniya. Ilan po ba ang meter? Bayaran ko na lang po.

Tylli:
No. Kuya, huwag po kayong maniwala diyan.

Joshua:
Gabrielle, doon ka na sa sasakyan..

Kuya, ito po one thousand. Keep the change.

Driver:
Nako.. seryoso po ba ito?

Joshua walked near her seat and knocked; Tylli rolled down the window.

Tylli:
What are you doing? I told you magta-taxi ako.

Joshua:
Get in my car, please.

Kuya, salamat.

Joshua opened the door and held out his hand.

Driver:
Teka lang po, kilala niyo po ba talaga ang isa't-isa? Maninigurado lang po muna ako baka kung anong mangyari kay ma'am. Ako pa naman ang huling nagdrive sa kaniya.

Tylli:
Don't worry, kuya. I know him.

Pero pakibalik na lang po ang binayad niya, magpapahatid po ako sa inyo.

Joshua:
Don't listen to her, kuya..

We just had a misunderstanding kasi na late ako ng sundo sa kaniya, and my girlfriend's a bit moody. Thank you po!

Tylli:
Sandali-

Driver:
Ah.. nako ma'am, susunduin ka naman pala ni sir.

Thank you po rito.. Makakapag-pahinga muna ako ngayong umaga dahil sa ibinigay niyo.

Salamat.

Joshua:
You're welcome, kuya..

Joshua gently pulled Tylli out of the taxi and lead her to his car.

Tylli:
Kaya kong maglakad! Don't touch me.

Joshua:
Alright..

Joshua let Tylli walk to his car. He was a few steps ahead, so he would look behind him from time to time. When he got inside, Tylli followed — slamming the door on purpose.

Joshua let out a small chuckle while Tylli looked at him furiously.

Joshua:
I told you ako na ang susundo.

Tylli:
Sinabi ko rin na huwag na.

Joshua:
Bakit?

Tylli:
Ayaw ko lang! Okay?!

Basta last na 'to!

Joshua:
Is this about the chismosas again?

Tylli:
No..

Joshua:
Then why?

Tylli:
You're so annoying! And anong girlfriend ang sinabi mo kay kuya?

Joshua:
I just said that para mas convincing.

Tylli:
Argh! I hate you!

The traffic light turned green.

Tylli was trying to calm herself down because she was fuming mad.

On the other hand, Joshua continued to drive. He would look at Tylli from time to time to check on her. Her brows are still furrowed and he can't help but to stifle a small smile.

Joshua:
Cute..

He whispered to himself.