Chapter 2 - New World, New Enemy

3rd Pov

The wolves just stood there in shock. They're all stared to each other awkwardly.

"We don't speak Japanese, however. You are speaking the common language." The wolf archer said awkwardly.

Y/N just nodded slowly.

"I see, forgive me... My name is Y/N L/N, leader of these expeditionary group from Empire of Japan." He half lied to the group of sentient wolves.

"Empire of Japan? I've never heard of it?" Aztec asked, confused.

"Well. We are isolated for a very long time." Y/N lied again.

"How intriguing. An isolated empire with different creatures that we never heard or seen before." Jage said while putting his paw on his chin.

"What are your intentions to our land?!" One of the wolf asked aggressively and suspiciously.

Aztec put his paw on that aggressive wolf to calm his boiling nerves.

Y/N thought carefully on how to properly answer the wolf's question. But he need to lie in order to hide his true identity, which is he can summon soldiers out of thin air.

"To answer your question..?" Y/N said while gesturing his gloved hands towards the unnamed wolf.

"Johanne."

"Right, Johhane. We were task by the name of the Emperor of Japan to exploring these lands for the sake of civilization and life, after we isolate our selves from this world, a long time ago." The leader of the group of mercenary, explain to the wolves.

The Sapients looked to each other and then nodded.

"Then. We would like to guide you to the sacred lands of Zuvell Kingdom." Aztec said as he put his fist together like a monk and bow, then followed by his brothers.

The Japanese was taken aback by their actions. Y/N with a simple hand gesture, his soldiers put their rifles down, slowly while still keeping an eye out for any suspicious movements.

Y/N was grateful for the wolves kindness, but he feel bad on how he easily lied to them. In return he bow in gratitude.

"Arigatou gozaimasu!" He said.

After that. Y/N tells them to take a rest once he saw the unfinished meals beside the bonfire.

The wolves also invited the Japanese soldiers to join them, but they refused politely.

"What should we tell to the base." Asuka asked in hushed tone and in Japanese, behind her high ranking officer as they watch the intelligent animals devour their meal.

This one was the additional perks Y/N have. To be able to communicate in his native language.

"Tell them to wait for further orders." He answered back in Japanese which Asuka acknowledge.

"Hai!"

Few moments later

After the group of wolves finished their meal, they check their things in their bags if everything was in order.

Johhane the wolf who was being aggressive towards the Japanese leader earlier, feel ashamed from his actions.

With a regret look to Y/N who was accompanied by his friends Aztec and Jage. They were laying out a map on the ground while pointing their fingers to certain directions towards the map. The Japanese was listening intently to Aztec and Jage's explanations.

Johhane slowly walked towards the unsuspected group then faking a cough to get the attention of the individuals in front of him, which is effective.

"S-Sir Y/N. I hope you forgive me for my sudden out burst from earlier. I shouldn't treat you like that." He apologized while his ears and head was laying very low.