Chapter 1

(https://youtube.com/shorts/8cPIkn6JxMA?feature=share)

com/shorts/8cPIkn6JxMA?feature=share)

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Will Graham sat in his dining room of Le Penthouse at 173 Madison Avenue, comprising five floors with glass walled living spaces, ceilings, and outdoor terraces boasting river-to-river views. Contemporary interior design benefits from massive amounts of air and natural light.

The chef served Marseille-Style Shrimp Stew swiftly.

Will murmured a 'thank you' as the chef bowed and silently left.

"How was the Kohl meeting, Jerry told me, you did splendidly. Although, hearing the exclusive from you is, another thing." Will's shareholder and one of his oldest family friends, occasional lover, Bedelia, spoke as she sipped on her pinôt noir while watching the news.

Will swallowed his bite and dapped his lips with the napkin and set his fork down.

"Yes, it went surprisingly well than I thought. The deal was amplified a bit and negotiated, nothing I can't handle." Will replies, dismisses her doubt with a hand, and sips wine.

"And what are you going to do about the fact that Hannibal Lecter is coming back to America?" Bedelia quirks calmly and stares at Will.

Will almost chokes on his wine but covers it with a forced laugh.

"Is he? I didn't know, what am I supposed to do. If he wants to come back, then he shall." Will sarcastically replies as he gulps the rest of the wine.

Nope, the wine will not do. He needs something more strong.

Bedelia sets her glass down on the table and walks toward Will.

Will looks up at her with a raised brow, questioning her next move.

She comes to stand behind him as she starts to massage his shoulders.

Will sucks in a breath and relaxes.

"Do you think I'm that blind?" Bedelia dryly asks.

"No." Will firmly replies.

"Will, you better have a plan, because you're not 18 and Hannibal's not... your mentor anymore." Bedelia ventures.

"I know, Bedelia. If I can break the stock market with my performance, how difficult would be handling my old mentee."

"Isn't that just it, but is it? He isn't just a mentor to you and you weren't just a student to him. I heard all the rumors and know things before I got into bed with you, Will. Don't take me for a fool." Bedelia hissed as she poked him with a finger and strode away.

"Bedelia, what would you advise?" Will rasped at her.

Bedelia stops by the door frame and tilts her head back a bit.

"In the public eye, Hannibal and you are seen on good terms, they don't know what had conspired, they just assume, you two drifted apart as Hannibal returned to Europe. You can set the record straight. We are, after all hosting the Winter Gala next week. I would make sure he gets an invite." Bedelia countered.

"Oh, the classic act you mean. Thank you, Bedelia." Will nodded as Bedelia gave him a small smile and left.

Will sighed as he got up and got himself some scotch.

It was gonna be a long night.

----