Chapter 2

The Annual Winter Charity Gala hosted by the Graham's was one of the most anticipated events of the year

The Annual Winter Charity Gala hosted by the Graham's was one of the most anticipated events of the year. Lavish details, no expense is left and all the luxurious detail taken, no compromises taken, hosted in the Mandarin Oriental situated on 80 Columbus Cir, it was attended by the elite of all of NY state and special invitees were also a part of the special night.

Hannibal was surprised, when his assistant announced, that on the 24th of October, he was invited to the Graham Winter Gala. To be honest he never thought that, he would actually get an invite to any of the Graham galas as Will had now taken on the mantle.

He arrived in his Aston Martin DB11.
He posed for some photographs on the red carpet rolled out, with his fake-it-till-you-make-it-face on with his infamous smirk.

He was wearing a Tom Ford blue three-piece suit with a striped tie, a vintage Rolex on his left hand, Canary silver cufflinks with H.L on either, and Steve Madden black dress shoes.

He was greeted by his old collaborators, some of his colleagues, and employees of the time he was in America ten years ago.

He mingled around for some time and then headed to the bar and ordered a scotch, neat.

Bracing his elbow on the counter he took in the view, Jack Crawford with his wife Bella, one of his old friends was there, and Beverly, his assistant with some guy was in attendance.

As the bartender served his drink, he slipped a hundred-dollar bill and took a swing of his drink as he searched for the main reason he came to the Gala.

Will.

There he was.

Looking quite dashing and handsome as he was more than 10 years ago but still the same, radiant and eye grappling as ever.

He was wearing an Armani suit with the upper buttons unbuttoned, stripped lines on his suits, Apple smart watch on his right arm, Fendi dress shoes, his hair throuseled from running his hands too many times.

Will was having a conversation with some women raven-haired woman, Alana, as he laughed and took a sip of his champagne.

A dull ache overcame Hannibal's chest as he took over his ex-lover.

He had missed Will more than he had imagined.

When they had parted, due to uncertain circumstances, it was quite difficult but it was for the best.

Even now, when he drank the site of Will, he felt dizzy, Will always had that effect on him

In quick three turns, he drank the scotch and kept the glass back on the counter.

A blonde, green-eyed woman in her 40s made her way toward him with a smirk on her face.

Hannibal smirked back and tilted his head.

"Bedelia, looking beautiful as ever, how is Brandon these days?" Hannibal greeted her and kissed her cheek.

"Hannibal, I heard you were back. You're not looking so bad yourself, and you so well know that Brandon and I are not together." Bedelia sneered, ordering a dry martini.

"Oh, yes the tabloids don't lie then. You have acquired the company of Will now." Hannibal retorted.

"Oh, Hannibal don't be jealous now. You left the boy and practically gifted wrapped him and presented him to me. I kept my promise of guiding him as told. Now, that you're here, I don't think I'm needed." Bedelia hissed as she stirred her martini and ate the olive.

Hannibal was about to reply but Will interrupted them.

"Oh my god Hannibal! You actually came, I feel so honored with my mentor's presence!" Will exclaimed as he pulled Hannibal into a hug.

For a few moments, Hannibal was stiff but then gladly returned the hug and inhaled Will's scent.

Still, the same blend of fresh, spicy, and musky, Sauvage Dior Cologne with the patchouli, geranium, pink pepper, and elemi Hannibal thinks.

Will notices, sighs, and whispers, "Stop smelling me." Will pulls back and puts his fake smile on and heads towards the small stage that has been set up.

Will gently taps the mic on the podium thrice to get everyone's attention, the buzz of conversation dies down slowly and people movie their attention on Will.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Annual Graham Winter Charity Gala. I hope you're enjoying this evening and yourselves and unselfishly contributing to help the needy and unprivileged people around the world, with the help of the Red Cross in association with Graham Innovatives. Now, this evening, we have a very special person, present among us. He has been my mentor since I was a young teenager and my grandfather's guidance through the years. Please, let's raise a toast to my special guest of the evening, Doctor Hannibal Lecter. Welcome back, New York have immensely missed you." Will smiles and raises his champagne flute along with others towards Hannibal.

"Thank you, Dr. Lecter, for your guidance, achievements, and incredible ideas, if you weren't there I don't know, how I would have handled all my empire and how I would have turned out."

Hannibal grits his teeth and smiles back and raises his glass in response.

Still, the cheeky brat he was, Hannibal muses.

Will bows as the audience clap and gets off the stage and disappear into the crowd.

Hannibal takes the last of his remaining second scotch and takes off to find Will.