One Shot

(This is an AU and takes place prior to Grey and Ahri getting together.)

"So…Your family is holding a party for your 'new engagement' and I'm supposed to be the guest of honor?" Grey asked with a raised eyebrow.

He was standing in front of Sona in the halls of the Institute. The mute girl has asked to talk to him in private and revealed that her mother is holding a big party for his victory against Ferio.

Sona sighed and started motioning. [Yes, I told my mother that we weren't engaged, but she insisted. I'm sorry, but can you please come to the party?] She asked.

Grey rubbed the back of his head. "I… Don't know, Sona. I've never been one for nobility and I don't know if I'll fit in. I was mostly raised in a swamp, after all," he said, mostly not wanting to embarrass the blue haired girl.

Sona rolled her eyes and began motioning. [Grey, they're Nobles. You can be the god of nobility and they'll still look down on you. They're all self-centered, hypocritical, egotistical, arrogant assholes,] the Abyss Watcher was surprised that the Maven just insulted her own social class so casually. [Look, all you have to do is literally just show up, smile, take one glass of wine, and you can leave. They'll most likely be busy talking to each other about how they're better than everyone else, just ask Lux or Garen if you don't believe me.]

Grey sighed. "Alright. I'm mostly free anyway," he said before crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow. "But, just to make sure, your mother does know we're not together, right?"

The Maven looked hurt. [Do you really hate the idea that much?] She signed.

"What? No!" Grey immediately shook his head. "I'm just making sure there's no misunderstanding. No sane man would ever hate being engaged to you, even if it was just through a misunderstanding," he cleared up.

Sona smiled with a blush covering her cheeks. [Thank you. Anyway, we'll meet at the Transport Station at noon to prepare. I know it seems outrageous to prepare that early, but believe me you'll need the time when it comes to a party for Nobles.] She signed before she walked away.

"Wait, what will I wear?" Grey asked as he remembered Sona's mother reacting to his clothes.

Sona stopped, turned around and began making signs. [You can wear what you wore to your duel. I'm sure we still have it at my house. All the more reason for us to leave early,] She signed before walking away.

Grey sighed and messaged his forehead. "When did my life change from killing monsters to worrying what I'll wear to a party?" He asked, hoping that Tiara didn't hear him to make fun of him.

Time Skip: (brought to you by chibi Sona playing her Etwahl with chibi Grey listening.)

Sona walked up to where she was told Grey's room was. She was feeling pretty excited about today, even if there was no official date of any kind.

She still has hope. This was her first step to seal the deal. The Maven knew that Ahri had an advantage for knowing Grey way longer than her and being the first person he met in Runeterra and travelled with.

Reaching Grey's room, she frowned at seeing his name tag being followed by Ahri's and Nidalee's, but managed to calm down after taking a deep breath.

She knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes before it opened to reveal an angry looking Ahri. The nine-tailed fox glared at Sona and seemed to consider smacking the door at her face.

"Oh, is it time to go, Sona?" But before she could, Grey walked up from inside the room and passed by Ahri. "Well, we should get going now. Take care, Ahri," he said before he started heading to the transport station.