Chapter 14: Show Time! Part 2

Amy backs up frightened by Sonic's speed and visible anger. Without hesitation Sonic immediately goes towards the scared actress. Tears start streaming down her face, her breathing becomes shallow. "My worst nightmare is coming true..." Amy whispers. Knuckles quickly moves in between Amy and Sonic, hoping that whatever is about to happen will happen to him.

"Sonic, let's not do or say anything we're gonna regret, okay?" The blue blur rolls his eyes and pushes Knuckles out of the way. He moves so that he is toe to toe with Ms. Rose, not losing eye contact.

"Amy, what the heck is this?" he spurts out. Eggman quickly moves towards the two. "Sonic, take a deep breath. Let us finish the play and then --" Sonic shoots his head towards the tall Dr., who was dressed in Sonic cosplay. "DO NOT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN RIGHT NOW IVO!!!!!!" Eggman, shocked not only by Sonic's boldness but also by hearing his first name, blinks and steps back out of line. Tails gulps and quietly to himself whispers "I fear this is a battle friends cannot help..." Eggman pats Miles's back, hoping to bring him some comfort.

"Sonic," Knuckles starts to speak, only for Sonic to cut him off "Shut it Knux. I wanna hear it from her" he points to Amy. Her eyes widen, tears still flowing. She takes a deep breath and takes Knuckles's hand. "Sonic...Knuckles and I are dating...We have been for about six months now" "Six months, 27 days, 4 hours and 23 minutes to be exact" Knuckles states trying to jump back into the conversation.

Sonic looks at the ground, silent. The audience, realizing this isn't part of the play, slowly start to exit, leaving the actors and subject matter alone in the black box theater. Minutes pass, although to the lovers and friends it feels like hours. Slowly, Sonic raises his head looking at the couple. "Why...Why would you do this to me?" he questions. Knuckles speaks up quietly "It just sort of happened. We didn't mean to hurt you. We just...Didn't know how to tell you" Tails chimes in "We thought a play might be a nice ice breaker to the situation" Sonic tears up, barely able to speak. "I thought we were friends?" he questions to Knuckles.

Amy slowly moves towards him, reaching out to give him a comforting touch on the shoulder, only for Sonic to back up. "Don't...Don't you dare touch me," he cries, "you are the last thing I want right now"

The heartbroken boy runs out. Amy falls to her knees and sobs.

One by one the stage lights turn off. And just like Sonic, they are all left in the dark...