Chapter 6: First Date Antics

Knuckles hid away in his room and began to think about the perfect first date. He decided to make a list. He grabbed a piece of paper, a quill, and some ink and started to jot down ideas.

He wrote:

FIRST DATE
• Dinner at Rouge's Pizza
• Picnic at Chaos Park
• Movie

He looked over his list and thought about the pros and cons.

"Well, pizza is yummy but Rouge might be working and she would definitely tell Sonic. Picnic would be cute, but Chaos are every where and are very annoying. That leaves us with a movie. We both love cinema. We could go far away to see a movie. A theatre where we know Sonic won't show up."
He circled the idea and smiled. "It's perfect!"

He then opened up his laptop and went to fandango.com to see what movies were out. He scrolled and scrolled and scrolled, until he found the perfect film. It was called Love at First Sight: The Story of Helen Keller and Blindness. He quickly bought two tickets for Friday night at 7pm, two nights away.

He then sent Amy a text, which read:
"Meet me in my room Friday night at 6:30pm."
And then he went to sleep.

****

Knuckles woke up on Friday with a pep in his step. The day of the first date finally arrived. He woke up at noon, got dressed, and went to eat a late lunch.
Once it got to be 6:00pm he went to his room to get fancy. He put on a tie and a new pair of gloves. After seeing how silly he looked in a tie he took it off.

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

"Oh! It must be Amy!!!!" Knuckles exclaimed. He went and opened the door. Amy stood there in a beautiful red dress with yellow buttons. Knuckles breath was taken away. Amy blushed. "Hi..." she said. Knuckles took her hand and started to walk with her, only
to see Tails flying towards them.
"KNUUUUUUUUUCKLES!!!!!" Tails screamed.
"WHAAAAAAAAT????" Knuckles replied.
"IT'S SONIC. HE IS ON HIS WAY IN!!!!"

Knuckles quickly dropped Amy's hand and the three of them stood there casually. Sonic walked in, "Hey guys," he said "how's it going?" Tails sweats "Nnnnnnnnothing!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Tails awkwardly replied. They all look at him with one eyebrow raised. He followed up with an "I'm sorry". "Knuckles and I were just going to go see a movie. We've both been meaning to see the Helen Keller film so we decided to go together!" Sonic laughs, "Oh, how funny. You know I've actually been wanting to see that too. I'll join you!" Sonic starts to walk towards the door. "Ahhh I mean ummm we already have our tickets." Knuckles rapidly replied, hoping this would stop the Blue machine in his tracks. Sonic stopped and turned around. "Huh. Well that's fine. I'll buy mine at the door! Meet you there! I'll run." He took off only to leave Knuckles, Amy, and Tails speechless.