Chapter 30: Home Trouble

Andrew was sitting, dejected, on a bench when Tate found him. Tate sat down next to him. "She said no?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes."

Andrew flopped his head onto Tate's shoulder. "She's so pretty."

"She also threatened to shoot you if you didn't stop trying to step in her line of sight."

"I thought she was in trouble."

"I don't think she was."

"But she's so pretty."

"I'm worried for you."

"How so?"

"She threatened you, and your gushing about how pretty she is."

Andrew grinned. "We have to leave tomorrow. I guess... I can apologize for scaring off the deer she was hunting."

"At this point, it's about all you can do." Tate shoved at Andrew's shoulder. "Come on. Kevin invited us to dinner."

"Okay."

Andrew mournfully shuffled after Tate. Tate looked over his shoulder with amusement before he shook his head at his friend's antics. This was the first time Andrew showed an interest in someone. "Apologize. You never know. It might change her view of you."

"Okay."

They walked to Kevin's house and were greeted at the door by Marrisa. "What happened to Andrew?"

"Rhea said no to a date."

Andrew pushed past as he rolled his eyes. "Have fun at my expense."

Marissa gave an amused smile just as two young kids came barreling out of the living room yelling. "Andrew!"

Andrew quickly perked up. "Flint, Gale. Look at you two!" He ended up with both kids hanging off of him as Marrisa waved Tate inside.

"You made it in time. Mom just finished cooking. She wanted to wait till you two showed up."

"What did she make?" Andrew asked as he was being dragged to the dining room.

"A large spread. Bryce got into his first choice."

"That's amazing!" He was finally pushed into the kitchen by the two excited and hungry children.

Tate snickered as he followed after Andrew. He looked at Marissa, "Where's Cole?"

"He had to go back home. The alpha over there is being unreasonable now. Things are getting too heated over there between the tri packs."

"Should we come help?"

"No. The alpha is against help from mediators. He'll send you two home before you could introduce yourselves."

Tate frowned. "That's a first."

"Yeah. But we can talk more about that after dinner. It's Bryce's night for problems."

Andrew waved Tate over, and he took a seat next to Andrew. Tate leaned over to mutter, "We should talk to Marrisa after dinner."

"Alright." Andrew grinned as he looked over the food. "Oh man, I always miss eating here!"

"Probably because you have a hollow leg to fill," Bryce called out from where he was sitting next to True.

"I have to make sure I get my fill somehow!"

Kevin walked over with a large bowl of salad. "There is plenty to go around. Just be glad we didn't invite the whole pack tonight. That said, we are having a potluck this weekend to celebrate with everyone. You two should join us."