Chapter 1

Emilia had just received her insignia and was just walking throughout the capital with her spirit/father figure puck when bad luck struck her. A culprit suddenly came out of nowhere to steal her insignia.

It hasn't even been an hour since she received it and she's already losing her one key to the throne.

Trying her best to quickly recover the culprit was simply too fast for her despite her immeasurable stamina. A divine gift perhaps? Nevertheless, she can't afford to lose track of the culprit more than she already is. The culprit then finally turns to an alleyway and that is where she had lost track of it.

Upon arriving in the alleyway where she last saw the culprit the half-elf found 4 strangers of which 3 of them were obviously picking on the guy with weird looks. Not really knowing the features of the culprit she can't help but accuse one of the strangers hoping that one of them indeed has her insignia.

The 4 of them were rather confused from the sudden accusation that is until one of them made it clear they hadn't stolen anything from her but did see someone passing by in a direction which the culprit may have gone whilst the beaten guy only stared at her. The realization made the half-elf despaired for a second knowing the time she had wasted but shrugged it off at the moment because as of right now she can't let the weak be bullied by the 3.

"Thank you but what you are doing cannot continue any longer." She declared her intentions pretty clear but the 3 don't really seem to be fazed by this in fact their mugful smirks didn't leave their faces. I summoned some sharp icicles with my magic as a threat but their confidence didn't waver much until the little guy got some sort of realization.

"Silver hair, purple eyes, pointed ears, it's the half-devil! You can have the guy our business with him anyway." With that 3 left leaving the half-elf with the stranger and puck.

"It seems like my daughter didn't need me to defend her earlier." Puck comments behind me.

"How the hell are you two even related? This world is strange." The stranger managed to say before collapsing to the ground.

With how beat up he looks he shouldn't have tried to push himself. Not wanting to just leave him like that I asked puck to help me help him and healed some of his wounds.

Upon healing him the half-elf doesn't really know why but something in him kinda feels weird, maybe the eyes which she also feels pretty familiar with in a way but she'll leave it at that for now not really having to meet this person before. Maybe he can explain once he wakes up.

...

A few minutes later the stranger finally begins to wake up "Is this someone's lap? The stranger muttered.

Are you awake? The half-elf replied.

"I didn't know cute girls were this hairy... wait that can't be right." Just like that the stranger quickly opened his eyes just to meet puck.

"It's just a little something we did to keep you more comfortable." Replied puck playfully.

"Seriously, stop talking like that. No sane guy confuses a cat for the main heroine." Is he talking about me? the half-elf thoughts.

"Making myself bigger was worth it to see you so happy." Puck jokes.

"I'M NOT HAPPY!!!"

He finally noticed my presence as he stops arguing with puck.

"sorry about all this. You even stayed with me while I was unconscious," he said.

"Don't get the wrong idea.

I only stayed with you because I want to ask you a few things." but in reality, I feel something for this person. I don't know what it is but it's pretty good.