Chapter 2

"I see... Satella, huh?"

"That's a nice name."

The half-elf was lost for words, everything happened too fast and she wasn't even done processing it but Subaru's words pulled her out of her thoughts not expecting someone to say it the way he did.

"A nice... name?

"Eeh?"

Time to continue asking around!

...

Though the half-elf didn't really get much time to process her encounter with the witch she's still much confused about what exactly satella did and her relationship with Subaru, perhaps she can ask him after all of this is over.

We continued to look around hoping to find any leads to the culprit. I noticed a little girl who seemed to be lost.

"Hey, Subaru

Don't you have a feeling that she's lost?"

She asked Subaru pointing at the little girl who is currently crying and looking at every possible person who walks past her"

"Yeah. But what about our questioning?"

Subaru said

"That's important too, but if she's lost we have to do something."

Subaru thought about it for a moment but agreed she was right so we tried to help the little girl with Subaru cheering her up with some coin tricks.

walking through the capital holding the girl together I can't help but feel nostalgic for some reason. I'm grateful for what Subaru did for I do not know what I would do to calm a crying girl down. I'm glad he came though I'm still unsure if I can trust him. She mentioned him after all.

"When we're walking like this we look like parents walking with their child right?" Subaru said.

"You say that but I can't help but think of you as her older brother." The half-elf replied. Though she said that she can't help but feel like it's true, is this also her doing?

"Mommy!"

the girl happily run towards her mother and gave her the happiest hug she could give

"Looks like she found her." 'Subaru said'

"Yeah, I'm glad," replied Emilia.

...

"I think we just wasted a bunch of time but what benefit will you insist we get out of this?" Subaru says

"That's easy now we can continue looking with our minds at ease, right?"

"True, true"

"Anyways I think we should continue searching. But I think we can't search blindly anymore. Enough time has been wasted already."

"Maybe it's time we follow the basic rules of searching," Subaru stated.

"Basic rule of searching?"

"Yep! You revisit the crime scene a hundred times. Where was your insignia stolen?" We arrived in front of the appa shop.

"So you see, it seems like the crime happened right around here, so I came back to this fruit stand after valiantly telling her to leave it all to me." Subaru out of ideas.

"You again? I thought I had a customer but it was just the broke kid." The shop owner was annoyed."

"Do you really want to take that attitude?

Haven't you noticed something different about me?" Subaru asked.

"What is it?" The appa seller asked.