🌧 SummerBreeze🌸

Venting from my kinned kny character<3

(Akaza)

Slight request from Juniper_Tsuki

Doukaza fluff<3

Original AU
___________________________
^^listen with the song if u want <3

Akaza's POV:

I sat there, underneath a Sakura tree, looking at the petals as they danced and slowly fell reaching the ground. Tears flowing freely down my cheeks, smiling at the overwhelming pain I felt in my heart. Wow, I must be insane right? Is what I thought, how selfish of me to be sitting here hurt, when plenty others had harder lives. What's even the point of this? I don't even know why I'm a demon, I can't remember anything, and I'm starting to not feel a thing... just like Douma...

Weird, that I can somehow relate to him now. I'm not sure why I was crying, I had nothing to cry about. I wish I could just stay here for the rest of my days, like this tree, beautiful and majestic. I felt a slight pull of jealousy towards the tree, it hadn't had to deal with issues with other people, didn't have any expectations, from the moment it sprouted it would be a beautiful tree. Not a scratch in its trunk.. not a single discolored petal in it many of bunches. What it would be like to be at peace, not a care in the world. I sighed, it was pointless to live if I had no soul reason to... but something kept me here... someone maybe? It doesn't matter anyway, no matter how good I get, no one would even even spare me a glance. Not with someone as pretty as Douma, or as strong as Kokushibo, Artistic as Gyokko... Why was I even born? People say I'm great at things, but theirs always someone so much better.

The pain I felt never subdued in my heart, but I instead I just felt numb. I sighed again, wishing I had roots planted to keep me from going anywhere any time soon. I'm so lazy, Gyutaro is probably helping Daki with something.. what a good older brother... I wish I was as useful as him.. I wish I didn't get attached to a few people so hard, I guess I have attachment issues... What a damn shame, some one as 'good' as me sitting here, wishing I wasn't.

You should go make yourself useful for once, your worthless anyways so who cares what you think? Your worth as much as a pencil, your used, broken again, then discarded. Nothings ever going to change that.

I growled, knowing the voice in the back of my head was right, trying to get up, but I couldn't. My limbs wouldn't move. How weak, I'm not tired, I'm not good enough to be tired, I don't get to rest. Get up you piece of shit, or else.

I could feel my fist clench in warning of the possible blow that it would inflict upon me. I forced my limbs to move with what little will power I had left in my stupid life.

You couldn't even protect them, give them a good life! They were killed before that, you didn't take care of them enough. It's your fault.

I wanted to scream, to shout, to cry, to tell this voice to leave me alone, to stop reminding me, but nothing even came, so I just stood there. Feelings mingled in my head for a moment before I subconsciously pushed them away and was open to a numbness once again.

I was about to move into the forest as the night sky darkened in color, realizing I had been sitting there since dusk, the end of the sunset. As the moon rose, climbing the sky to let wafts of moonlight peek through the Sakura petals, I felt a hand grab my waist making me flinch, but then back to being unbothered again, I turned to see who it was, and it was no other than Douma.

I don't have the energy to fight with him about this. Douma seemed to sense my attitude wasn't its usual sassy tone, or gaze, and asked; "you alright Akaza-dono?" He seemed worried, and I almost laughed. Him? Someone as good as him worried about me? You gotta be kidding me! That's really funny y'know... "I'm fine?..." I put it in a questioning tone, which works with literally everyone who is 'concerned'. But for some odd reason, Douma didn't seem to buy it, and instead gave me a hug and whispered in my ear; "you don't have to lie you me Akaza, I know damn well your not." He rubbed my back. (this is literally all I've ever wanted someone to tell me😔)

The tender and gentleness of his actions and words caused me to tear up again, hugging him tight, cursing that I had cried in front of him, to let my weak side show. I was truly pathetic, he had to worry about me, I had burdened him with my issues, why couldn't I play pretend? Stupid stupid stupid! I only hugged him tighter and cried harder, my breathing unsteady, but not a single sob coming from my throat as tears poured down.

"I'm sorry-" I pulled away from him, refusing to make eye contact with the blonde. "Don't apologize, there's no need to, I'm here for you. I just wish you could see what I see Kaza..." He caressed my cheek lovingly, and I blushed as I leaned my head into his hand. "Care if I joined you?" He asked smiling, not a fake smile like what he uses with Gyokko, or with Muzan-sama, but a real, genuine, smile. And just like that I didn't feel so worthless after all... despite everyone being so much better than me.. he never smiled at them like this... my heart started to beat as I moved back to my previous spot under the tree, Douma trailing after me, with that same loving smile plastered on his face, as he took a seat next to me. I sighed as I felt my guard loosen, allowing my eyes to relax, and my muscles to rest for once. I laid my head on his shoulder, inhaling the sweet scent of Sakura Blossoms coming from a surprisingly warm summer breeze, blowing Douma's scent over to the pinkette. Perhaps this is why he had come here in the first place,

to feel this comfort from a familiar smell.

And at the heart of the love for the smell.

Was Douma.

___________________________

1075 words

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading my little vent and Doukaza fluff!

Love you all <3