my sun

Annabeth looked at the man sitting next to her. She studied his long black locks that his hands had been playing with all night. She looked at his lips, which were gushing information to her best friend about something they had gone over in biology the previous day. She thought about how sweet those lips would taste. Pink, soft and warm. Then she looked at his eyes. They were an endless sea in the middle of a storm. The dark blue with undertones of bright green, creating the feeling of sailing. She could get lost in those eyes for hours. Correction- she had gotten lost in those eyes for hours before.

  She moved down his body from there. His toned chest, with muscles ripping through the tight-fit wight shirt he was wearing. He had worn a blue AHS swim team sweatshirt here, but Annabeth stole it as soon as he walked in the door. She scanned his torso, where she knew an eight-pack was hiding, and could feel the hard flesh on the fingertips from all the times she'd layed in bed tracing them until he fell asleep. She also knew about the scars he was hiding under his shirt.

She moved her gaze to his perfectly sculpted arms, muscular from years of sword-fighting, and swimming. Not to mention the tattoo on his left shoulder. It was the outline of a sun, with black-ink, with her name written on the inside. Well, her nickname, Wisegirl. When he showed it to her for the first time, she cried because he had called her his sun. She said that he wouldn't be able to live without her, because the sun is vital for humankind's survival, just like she was vital for him. But Annabeth thought that it was the opposite.

Percy was the sun, always shining and happy, even if it was faked. He made everyone around him feel warm and safe. He was the main character in his story. She was the rain. She was the thing everyone either dreaded or prayed for. She was the translucent drops of water in Percy's story. But in the grand scheme of things, she was nobody's side-kick.  Because when her clouds shifted to let Percy through on a rainy day, his bright rays reflected off of her, causing an array of colors. Together, they were a rainbow.